Interview Prospects

"Now", Arsenio says as he stands up, "why don't I take you into the office and show you my plans."

"That would be wonderful." mom replies and motions for me to follow her and Arsenio to the office. We enter the room to find rather large oak desk with two chairs, one on each side. I go to find another chair hoping to miss some of the conversation when Arsenio pulls one from the closet behind the desk.

"There you go." he says with a smile.

"Thanks." My face contorts into a forced smile.

"No problem at all." he replies in his thick accent. I sit next to my mom and Mr. Pratt begins. "I have scheduled about fifteen interviews for you throughout the next three days. I chose a variety of magazines, newspapers, and television interviews that you will go today, tomorrow and Friday. They won't be released all at once so expect to see some of these interviews in a few months."

"Great, the interviews will literally come back and haunt me."

"Unfortunately, yes, unless you enjoy being haunted by interviews." Arsenio replies, with a chuckle. "Don't worry too much, as long as you think about what to say, everything will be fine."

"I don't enjoy dealing with fame unlike some other people I know. I don't see why I wouldn't worry. I always say the wrong thing at the wrong time. Of course I'm going to worry. I just want this whole thing over why do I have to do this? The media doesn't run my life. Call the interviews off.

"Sienna, you know why we have to do this. It's keep everyone away from you at any other time. Why you don't understand that Arsenio and I are trying to make things better for you in the Long run." My mother snaps at me.

"If you want to protect me then why do I have to do these interviews in the first place!?!"

"Ladies." Arsenio interrupts," I am sorry to intervene, but Sienna must get ready for her interviews this afternoon. The prep team will be here in an hour and they want you to shower before they get here."

I leave the room with a huff and slam the door of my ridiculously large suite shut. I lean up against the door, reaching my hand up to lock the handle. Then, after filling the bathtub, I climb in and feel my frustration cascading off me, into the water, where will be washed down the drain. I unknowingly fall asleep and wake, and hour later, to my mother banging on my bedroom door. "Coming!" I exclaim and wrap myself in a towel without draining the tub.

"Sienna, I've been banging on your door for five minutes now! Why didn-"

I interrupt hastily, "I'm sorry mom, I fell asleep in the bath."

"Well the prep team is here, did you wash at all?"

"No. But I'll quickly do that now. Be right back." I close the door not waiting for an answer, and climb back in the tub and begin to scrub, wishing they would all go away.