bullshit

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

°•. ┊ Wildest Dreams ┊.•°
✧ ˚ ━ burning red, act one

•°✧ ˚ ━ burning red, act one

CHAPTER SIX — bullshit

It seems as though my question is about to be answered, as Lilith begins to walk into the building and I follow after her. Maya is hot on my tail, but Lily stops and turns to me. "No, Maya can not be around him. I don't want her to see this." The woman's command only worries me more. Who the hell is this guy? And why is she afraid for Maya to be around him? She hands Maya her smoothie, before heading inside. I pause, riddled with confusion, before spinning on my heel to face everyone else. I lift my daughter into my arms, knowing exactly who in the group will join me out of curiosity and place her into Bob's arms. I whip around and make a beeline for my best friend, feeling the presence of our squad behind me. As I approach the room, I hear Lilith's voice echoing loudly from inside. I slip inside, followed by everyone else and watch the interaction intently. "You're my ex-boyfriend. What part of this isn't clicking?" Her tone is sharp and a small smile of pride tugs at the corners of my mouth. "Now, why are you here?" I can feel the rage radiating off her body from the meer sight of the man in front of her.

    "It's just, Iliana has been miss-" The man is cut off by Lils, as her anger seems to reach its peak.

    "Don't you dare bring my daughter into this." My jaw goes slack and I'm hit with a wave of confusion. Daughter? Is it Bradley's? Did we do the same thing? What the fuck is happening? The man goes on to say something else, but my attention turns to the person directly behind me; Jake. I look at him through furrowed brows. And he just gives me a shrug, causing a sigh to escape my lips at his lack of help. Lilith's shouts, have me re-focusing on her.

    "Yes, she is here. We came to-" His sentence is cut off once more.

    "You mean, you came to, because she would never willingly get on a plane. She's terrified of them!" The woman's tone is cold and unwavering, as she continues to lean into her anger. Dean admits, emotionless, that the young girl they're discussing spent the entire flight crying and screaming. What kind of monster does that to a child? I don't know him and I don't know Iliana, but I have never wanted to knock someone's teeth in more. "She is a child! You never should have forced her into getting on that plane, that you know she is terrified of! What the actual fuck is wrong with you? Do you have any idea how much you must have traumatized Lia? No, of course you don't because you couldn't bother to care about anyone but yourself!" Her words don't seem to affect the man at all. What a sociopath.

    "I care about you! Why do you think I came all this way?" He responds, causing a low scoff to escape my lips and Jake to hit me in the back with his elbow. The anger of both parties seems to elevate and I don't like the energy of this guy.

    "You came all this way because you are a possessive, controlling, abusive, manipulative psychopath who couldn't deal with being left." Lilith turns on her heel and starts to walk away from him, until his hand clamps around her wrist. My fists clench immediately and I take a step forward, ready to intervene.

    "Where do you think you're going?" His question is rhetorical. He's trying to push her over the edge and it seems to be working. I take another step towards the pair, feeling a tug on my elbow. I look over my left shoulder to see Jake with his eyes on the scene, but a tight grip on me. His jaw is clenched and he's fighting the urge to get involved, while trying to stop me from doing the same. Thankfully, Bradley steps in.

    "Put your hands on her again and you'll be leaving here on a gurney. Or in a body bag." His threat is genuine and I straighten my stance, feeling a sense of pride in my best friend. Bradley's never been one for physical violence. He's mellow and avoids conflict as much as possible.

    "Ah, you must be Bradley Bradshaw." Dean's tone is condescending and almost amused. "I've heard about you. How does it feel knowing Lilith so easily replaced you?" Another scoff leaves my lips only this time much louder and backed by anger. How fucking dare her? When it comes to Lilith, there is no replacing Bradley. Happily together or miserably broken up; Bradley is irreplaceable in her life. I know it. She knows it. Hell, even Jake knows it. The audacity of this psycho to insult my best friend without even knowing him. I feel Jake's grip on my arm loosen and take a few steps forward, waiting for their next move.

    "Clearly, I downgraded." Lils scoffs, causing Dean to snap and lunge at her. Bradley shoves him back, before muttering something about a warning and his fist collides with Dean's face.

    "Oh shit." I breathe, watching as the fight continues. Not that there's much of a fight. It's just Bradley wailing on Dean. "Kill him, B!"

    "Really, Sawyer?" Maverick shakes his head in disappointment. I shrug and Jake tries to look annoyed at my remark, but I can see the faintest hint of a smile. The pair pull the Bradshaw man off of Dean. Once he's back on his feet and has cooled off a bit, they release him and he walks over to Lilith. Jake moves to stand on my left and we watch the former lovers. Lilith says something, but I can't hear the words from where I'm standing. She leans up and places a kiss to Bradley's cheek, causing my eyes to go wide like saucers. An extreme amount of excitement courses through me, but I know that I have to keep quiet in order to abstain from ruining the moment. I reach over and start punching Jake's right shoulder with my fist. A habit I've had since I was a kid. I first noticed it when watching 'How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days' and the final scene came on, where he said 'bullshit' and I started beating the crap out of B's arm. I started to pick up on the pattern, an excessive amount of excitement or joy usually leads me to punch someone or something. A hand wraps around my wrist and my body is spun to the side, causing my face to be dangerously close to Jake's chest.

    "Stop hitting me." His voice is low, as he moves his head closer to mine. He releases my arm and I rest it on his chest. I grip his flight suit for support, feeling as though my knees may buckle just from his tone. I force my eyes to meet his, finding no glimpse of arrogance. Only finding Jake and getting lost for a moment.

[word count: 1187]

lexi's letters; Sawyer 🤝 waiting for her real life romcom without realizing that she's already found it