Chapter 1: A lot Has Changed

Here I am, Louise Belcher, 21 years old, living in my childhood home, working in my dad's resturant and very much alone.

I wasn't always alone. After High School I dated my best friend, Normal Sized Rudy, for two years. That asmatic nerd couldn't even kiss me without losing his breath, let alone go further. A girl needs more, so I decided we were better as friends only.

I then moved back in with my parents, which was ok until my mom made my dad semi retire from his restaurant, Bob's Burger. Now they argue over whether or not dad should fully retire.

My brother, Gene, is 23 and lives in New York City with his girlfriend,
Courtney. His comedian career really took off last year.

My sister, Tina, is 25 and lives down the road from mom and dad in a one bedroom apartment with her husband, zeke. They have one child and another on the way. Tina used to write erotic friend fiction when she was younger, now she writes erotic stories from home.

As I lay in bed, waiting for my alarm to go off and thinking about how I must be the screw up in the family as my life did not go the way I thought it would, my phone lit up with a text. I looked at it.

Rudy: I miss you LuLu <3

Me: Rudy, I miss you too...as a friend.

Before he could text back I added "don't call me that."

Rudy: I miss you more than a friend. I miss you sleeping beside me.

Me: Rude...I can't...

I waited five minutes and no text came back. I looked at the clock, 5:50am. Screw it I'm up. I turned off the alarm and got dressed for the day.