Chapter 22

I was panicked, but that isn't going to help me, I looked around and saw the white curtains, I got myself a way.

"Pete don't even think about it, you will fall. "

"I will die either ways, it's better by myself. "

The VVIP section has large glass windows so it was easier to get out of it, I stood on the small nook meant for keeping the plants and flower pots, it was quiet high and the view down there wasn't appealing. I just looked in front, trying my best to get to the side and lay low.

I was praying to the Lord, just this very time, save me. The sound of door sliding and men entering was pretty much clear,  they were there, one mistake and I am out, either way, by them or by myself, carefully stepping, I tried to make it to next room.

But the next room was on the next face of the building, for like a minute I covered and reached the corner but the turning point was the scariest part, I placed my left foot carefully and as the right was in air, it felt I was gone, but I grasped the wall too tight for me to fall. I was almost there.

I tried to open, incase they left it unlocked and yes they did, rich people are never concerned about such petty things, and I am thankful for it. I slid inside and dropped to the ground, never in my life I was so thankful for being on the ground that I want to kiss it, but this isn't the time for it.

I quickly looked around as I saw an old man lying on the bed, a young woman, was dozing off the couch. It was safe to stay there for a while, until I can find another way.

Hours spent by and I didn't realised when I dozed off on the ground until someone wake me up.

"Excuse me? Hello?... "

"Ahmm.. "

"Who are you? And what are you here for? "

"Sorry... I just got mistaken, my uncle is admitted somewhere near and I was really out of it, so I must have entered by mistake.... If you don't mind.. What is the time right now? "

"It's 7am."

I rushed outside, how come I sleep for 5 hours, Its not time for it. I reached out to the room and there he was, sitting on the bed, my feet halted when I saw him, it was seeming like a deja vu.

"Pete... You are here. "

I came out of my trance and headed towards him, my eyes brimmed with tears, if I would say anything, I will cry for sure, but I won't, I don't want to let him know that I am aware of everything.

I stood closer to him, my fingers softly touching his jaw, he rested his face on my chest, hugging me, I held back a sob, god, I caressed his back, while he was just staying like this.

"I missed you so much... And sorry for scaring you by appearing like this. "

"You better not do it again, I almost had a heart attack. "

I pecked his lips and he smiled faintly, his face was still pale. Then my attention went towards the room, Kim was sprawled on the couch.

"When did you come?"

" A few hours ago. "

" Where are Kinn and Porsche? They were here last night. "

"They were both gone once I was here, and Porsche was going crazy, he was finding something, I don't know but it looked like he might go crazy if he didn't get that, it was a person. "

"Holy shit. " I almost forgot that they both knew I was out, but they didn't know I got in, they might be thinking that I fell and somebody has taken my body to cremate.

I looked around the hospital, but they were no where, I asked for the landline of the hospital as my phone is not with me, I called Porsche and he didn't answered for a while, I again tried and finally he did.

"Hello? Whoever it is... I am fucking busy.. So shut the-"

"Porsche, it's me. "

"PETE... YOU ARE ALIVE? "

"YEAH.. "

"WHERE ARE YOU, WAIT, THIS ISN'T YOUR NUMBER? "

"Come to the hospital entrance first. "

After not even 5 minutes, Porsche came rushing to me and hugged me tightly, forcing the air out of my lungs, Kinn came behind him with a tired look on his face.

"Did you turn Into spiderman or what? How come you weren't there? "

"I managed to sneak in the next window. "

" Bastard, we were worried for you that you might have killed yourself, I forced Kinn to look out the window and even struggled around the whole hospital and near by area. What were you doing? "

"I... I was stuck somewhere. "

"It's fine Porsche, uncle's guards were there, so it's for the better. "

"What does his father said yesterday? "

"He just checked if he was alive or not, and went, nothing much. "

"For now, don't tell him that I knew everything, doctor denied him any stress, but we will continue it secretly, and later will join him. "

Kinn nodded and we all went to Vegas's room, after a while, Kinn Porsche and Kim went home to have rest while I stayed with him.

It was dark outside, the doctor changed his dressings while I had something, I didn't realised I haven't had anything since yesterday, now he has woken up, my appetite was revived.

I sat next to him, he was lying, staring at the wall.  Their was a silence between us, questions he wanted to ask, questions I wanted to ask, but  none of us would want to answer any of them.

" Won't you ask what happened to me? Where have I been? Why I haven't contacted you? "

I was dumbfounded, I knew everything now, but even if I haven't been aware about this, I won't have asked him, as I knew he won't answer me truthfully, and hearing lies is the last thing I will prefer.

"You wouldn't have told me even if I did, and I don't want to put you in a situation when you have just woken up. "

" I am pathetic, right? "

"No, you have a deep heart full of love, and never even think about such things, or you better know how worse it will be if you anger me. "

" I missed you, your eyes, these pretty doe eyes, It's the only thing I ever wanna see. "

The sadness in  his voice was apparent even if he smiled dimly, there was something I still didn't knew, wounds that were unattended, I wanted him to show his vulnerability to me, so I can help him.

"Vegas... "

"Hmm? "

"I love you. "

His eyes locked with mine, as if the time froze, a teardrop fell from his eyes, I was a bit surprised, he immediately wiped it, and cupped my face with the single hand, other one was plastered, I decreased the distance between us and kissed him, it was full of love, longing and suffering.

"I love you too. "

I smiled at him, as if a genuine burst of emotions inside me.

"But you said it suddenly? Why though? "
He asked.

"I regretted not saying it earlier when you vanished, I hate regrets. "

That night, I didn't slept a bit, I was by his side, he held my hand as he dozed off, soft snores filling the grave silence of the room, all I could think was ways I could protect him from the devil whose blood flows in his veins, and the way he won't retaliate, he may hate me, but that's the only way left.

Note: A love so beautiful, all it desires, is painful sacrifices, but if that brings me close  to you, I will cherish this pain and suffering, until it becomes a part of me.