07

American Girlfriend - Dominique & Brent Fiayaz

Zaraiya Kaymor
Harlem, NY

It was now a normal Monday. It was grey and rainy outside. Slightly cold and a frost coated everything. Fall in the northeast was different than Polynesian fall. Apia fall to be exact. Her and Zashaun were born in Samoa, unlike her other siblings. Her mom and dad were in and out of the states until they settled down.

Her dad used to lived in Samoa while her mom lived in New York. This was when she was about 7-10. Her parents didn't get along well after they had her. The reason for that being their living situation.

Massiah; Zaraiya's dad, didn't want to stay in New York. He hated how cold it got. The winters were pretty harsh, while in Apia, it was never cold. The lowest temperature in fall is about 70 degrees.

Zaza traveled back and forth between her parents. They realized though, it was draining for both of them. So Massiah moved back in with his girlfriend at the time. And they got married sometime down the line. Now they are a big happy family of 10. 6 kids, 2 grandkids, and 2 parents. A giant family.

Zaraiya yawned as she pulled the blanket over her shoulders. It was freezing. Her mom loved for the house to feel like the Artic during winter. And she scolded anyone who touched the thermostat, even her own husband.

Her alarm went off once again. She really got up this time. She dragged her feet as she walked to her bathroom. She had a throw on blanket wrapped around her as she mentally groaned.

the light from outside seeped through the blinds. Zaraiya opened them all the way so she could wake up a bit more.

Sh sniffled and walked into the bathroom, closing the door too. She did her business and cleaned herself off. She sat the cup back down next to the toilet and washed her hands.

She then brushed her teeth and washed her face.

Zaraiya didn't know what to wear, and she honestly didn't care. And with that being said, she threw on some retro red thunder 4's with a black and red graphic tee that read 'YOUNGBOY, Never Broke Again' and some black leggings.

"Tiny come on, you're taking forever." Yolon yelled out.

"I'm coming dang. Give me a minute!" She yelled back to him. She grabbed a jacket and her backpack. And with that, they made their way to school.

...

David ReyesHarlem, NY

David Reyes
Harlem, NY

David hadn't talked to Zaraiya since Saturday. He didn't know how to feel about her. She had him flustered in a way. Which in his eyes was wild. Normally girls were all over him, blowing him up and not leaving him alone. But Zaraiya, she gave him his space.

And he respected that. He did like the kiss for sure. But he didn't know how to move on without being awkward about it. He didn't know if he should text her or if they should talk on the phone. Her just didn't know. He never put thought into any relationship really.

He got to thinking. He thought they would be cute together, but then he thought they were different. She was genuinely nice, she had her moments when she would loose patience or have an bad attitude. She was quiet but still got her point across.

She was very talented. Her music taste was different though. She would listen to almost anything. She listened to R&B, sometimes rap, and a lot of pop. She didn't really listen to his music though. He took that to offense at first. But she told him she didn't really listen to drill because it was really negative energy, dead opp after dead opp, yell after scream. But she still listened to some of his music.

"Yo bro, hurry up!" Justin banged on the bathroom door. David yawned and washed his hands.

"Why you so loud, it's five inna' morning." DD wiped his eyes then opened the bathroom door.

"Finally, damn." Justin pushed him aside.

...

"You look older with your nails and lashes." Brooklyn smiled at Zaraiya.

"Oh, thank you?" Zaza unsurely smiled.

"Well, David's not being an dick anymore. I guess dreams do come true." Brooklyn huffed in relief, as if he was stressing her out.

"Yeah, what's up with that? He's been quieter." Eva tuned in, Ethan's head on her shoulder.

"Ain't nun wrong. I'm good. Gangsta'." DD shrugged his shoulders. He sat on the couch while his brother and Eva sat on the floor.

"How am I supposed to see the TV if you're sitting on my lap, Brook move!" Zaraiya mumbled as she was getting squished by her cousin.

"Girl bye, you just short. Like imagine being shorter than me." Brooklyn picked, but then a loud thump was heard. A "OW!" followed it.

"See cause now you reaching. I told you, you are too big to be on me. And i'm not that short." Zaraiya rolled her eyes and sat next to David. He didn't say anything and she didn't either.

bye cause this chapter was boring but i'm back for the weekenddd🤭

-Omani