18

Dead Man Walking - Brent Faiyaz

Zaraiya Kaymor
Harlem, NY

Now it had been weeks since everything had happened with Zaraiya's father. He had been on bed rest for a while, and his injury had brung the family closer together. For the past five weeks, Zaraiya and the family had been taking care of Massiah but now, he didn't need much help.

Zaraiya walked down the New York streets with Eva. They had chose to walk to the Deli before making their way to David's.

"This is fake nasty." Eva scrunched her face, drinking Zaraiya's smoothie.

"You just don't like greens, it's good." Zaraiya waved her off, picking up some snacks for her, David, and possibly Ddot so he didn't eat all their food.

"Maybe that's why. Anyways, you wanna go to this party tonight with me and Brook?" Eva asked, going up to the cash register.

"Sure, I don't really like parties but what's the worst that could happen?" Zaraiya shrugged, grabbing her convenient store bag. she shrugged and walk out of the door, making the door ring. The two girls walked down the New York streets to their destination. The Raiya open the door to the group of boys they love to see.

The room smell like cannabis and cologne. It was three lightskins on the couch smoking. "Ahh you brought me food!" Darrian smiled, looking through low hooded eyes.

"We finna go to this party tonight, y'all tryna come?" The red head girl invited them, they all nodded and agreed.

"Okay, Eva will walk me home and I'll get ready and prolly just walk there." Zaraiya suggested, making David scrunch his face.

"Nah I'll call you a Uber." David protested. Zaraiya did the same and now scrunched up her face.

"Nah, that's a waste of money. It's just a block or two away. I walk by myself all the time, don't worry." She waved him off, he didn't push the topic any further, though later he wish he did.

The group watched movies and ate snacks. Hanging out together was their favorite thing to do, though that was cut short when Eva had to walk Zaraiya back home.

Zaraiya picked out a chill outfit for the party, not really knowing exactly what to wear. She chose something simple and cute.

auroraaas

raiyasway the way i ptso, i be throwin fits

Liked by ddosama , ddotfromtheo and 1,364 others

ddotfromtheo you're buggin
↪️raiyasway 'but like i really had to leth ha go'

ddosama mh🤍
↪️raiyasway mw🌎

itsme.e pretty!!
↪️raiyasway all you best!

...

"Girl is you on your way? It's already dark as hell and I don't want you walking but I can't even stop you." Eva sighed.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm dead finna leave right now." Zaraiya spoke on to the call. "Mama, i'm finna go. I'm turning my location on, love you, see you later!" She yelled. Her mom spoke her goodbye and Zaraiya walked out the door.

"Stay on the phone until you get here. It's only a fifteen minute walk." Eva suggested, Zaraiya nodded and made her way.

"Your wifi is breaking up, I can't-" And with that, the call failed and hung up. Zaraiya sighed, seeing as though her phone was now on 2 percent, and she had one bar. And now it was really, really dark.

Zaraiya sped up her walking, hearing shuffling from behind her. She looked back and seen as to nothing was there. She just felt paranoid.

She continued to walk, now only seven minutes away from her destination. "Isn't that the OY nigga girl?" She heard a murmur, her stomach dropping. Now she just took off running. Loud running footsteps heard behind her, chasing after her.

She ducked off to a alleyway, trying to lose them. But that didn't go well, what she had ducked into was a dead end alleyway. She backed up, seeing the black figures walking towards her.

"Leave that nigga a message if you can. Tell 'em, 'I always finish what I start'." The deep voices figure chuckled, The sound of a gun being cocked back could be heard.

"Please! I don't wanna die." She screamed, shaking.

He shot her on the side of her stomach, making her scream in pain. She felt her breathing become heavier and harder. The two boys quickly ran away as the girl yelled in pain.

The End...

it's finally over oml it took forever, anyways thank y'all for all the support i've received through the making of this book

it's finally over oml it took forever, anyways thank y'all for all the support i've received through the making of this book. I have more and published a book so go check that out.

yours truly, Omani🩷