𝐢𝐢:: Healing..

𝐀/𝐍:: 𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐣𝐢𝐞. 𝐒𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐝. <3

𝓧𝓲𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓷𝓰
{𝓜𝓮𝓭𝓲𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓵[𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓭] 𝓪𝓾}

Strong arms wrapped around his body as the firm expression that had been kept up for months on end had dropped atlast, tears immediately flowing out of his eyes. Final barriers and the last walls of defence immediately collapsed at the foreign touch of another human being making contact with skin that had long forgotten the feeling. " Lan Huan-"

" It's alright, you don't need to keep up this strong act that you show everyone. I know you don't feel the way you show others. I know how much it hurts you. I atleast know what you're going through. I may not understand, but I know. So please, don't keep up this facade. It hurts..." whispered Zewu-Jun as he rested his head on the other's shoulder. Jiang Wanyin just stood there in shock as he felt his heart had started to let this pristine man in, started to believe that someone he could love had entered his life again, started to believe that fate had given him a chance at this foreign feeling called love.

As the heart softened, so did the eyes as he finally leaned into the other's embrace. His arms slowly moved up the pristine figure's back and held him as loud sobs began to escape no matter how hard he tried to keep them at bay. This, however only brought them out more as what Jiang Cheng found embarrassing was what made Xichen feel warm and special. That night spent in the forest of gusu was one of the longest nights either of them had. But, however long it was, it would be one of the best memories the two would have for years to come. At that moment in time, Sect Leader Jiang felt as if Zewu-Jun was the one helping him, and while that may have been true, he never would have expected that this interaction benefited Lan Xichen much more than it did him.

For he hadn't been the only one hurting that fateful night as the Sect Leader Lan who always had a smile on his face was going through much more than one could imagine. His brother in despair, uncle terribly injured and clan in a mess, the young sect leader had a lot, too much, going through his head. Solutions for his brother, treatments for his uncle, how to rebuild the cloud recesses after such a blow!? As well as problems of his own, a hug from one of the people he loved most was much needed. All they'd gone through was for nothing but "growth", if you could even say that it helped. Lan Xichen remained in-different while Jiang Cheng seemed to have worsened. His attitude had increasingly resembled his late mother's more and more as the days went by. One might decide to call this progress, however, Yu Ziyuan's personality wasn't exactly the type that most would want their child to have.

The arms of the elder man felt safe and welcoming, they felt like home. Even a hug from Wei Wuxian wouldn't have been as wonderful as this, the him from before would have tried to disagree but ultimately fail either way. " Wanyin... thank you." whispered Xichen as the other was pulled out of his own thoughts. " Hm- What? Why? I didn't do anything, right?" he questioned as he positioned his head to be looking up into the other man's eyes.

" For trusting me. Thank you for trusting me enough to be... yourself." he said as he pulled the Sect Leader Jiang back into his chest. The said man, however, had not a single idea of what to do as his eyes began to water again. No one had ever really thanked him for anything, let alone for being himself. This being truly was too good to be true.
" Sh-Shut up." he responded as his ears flushed a deep shade of scarlet-red. The Sect Leader Lan however only chuckled as he tilted the other's head slightly to place a sweet kiss on his forehead before leaning his chin on the Sect Leader Jiang's head. The latter had been silenced as his body seemed to be radiating heat, steam seemingly coming off of it.

How they had gotten into the situation was irrelevant as all that mattered to the two was eachother and the way they seemed to be the medicine, the cure to each of their problems. All that mattered was the now, the start of their healing...

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

" Jie!! That was such a good story, where did you find it from?" asked a young man as he looked at his elder sister with stars in his eyes. The latter looked at her brother with a loving gaze as she chuckled before responding, " Nowhere A-Fei, I thought of it a while ago and thought it'd be a good story to tell at this moment."

The one now known as Fei beamed before praising his sister, " Wow, Jie's quite the writer it seems!" A little girl smiled and nodded in response as she began to speak.

" Mn, Ge's right. It's so much better than the cheesy story that he made up! He can't even admit he made it up." She giggled as her brother pouted. " A-xiu, wheres your respect? I'm 15 years older and your still so mean!" he said as the younger girl continued giggling.

Their elder sister sat behind them chuckling as she watched the two bicker back and forth...

I love the concept of alternate storylines so this is perfect! That's why its really important to read these in order too, unless you dont care about the other storyline lol.