Author's Note

Hey everyone!

I want to start by thanking all of you for taking the time to read The Vermillion Strain: Book I. If you're reading this, you probably read Blood & Grunge, the prequel to this book and the series in general. I really can't thank you enough for that, and I'm thrilled that you're back.

I'm a lifelong horror fan, so I love being able to write in the genre and share my stories with you. We all have such busy, hectic lives, and many of you are writers yourselves, so it's amazing to me when you take time to read my books. Your support is truly invaluable!

The Vermillion Strain: Book I is the first book in a series of post-apocalyptic vampire novels. It follows disparate but close-knit teenage twins Krystin and Noel Montero, their 21-year-old brother, Dylan, and Trent, their next-door neighbor and Noel's best friend since birth. When biological warfare hits North America, getting infected is among their top fears. But when they find themselves contending with vampires who are tired of seeing food go to waste and are in no mood to starve to death, they realize the virus is the least of their worries. As you might expect, this book has more vampires, but I can't really talk about non-human characters without spoiling anything. Anyway, I hope it's an enjoyable read!

As I did with my last book, I want to take a moment to offer some words of caution. For those of you who may struggle with PTSD and triggers, please note that this story contains the following: strong language, disturbing themes, gore, references to sexual assault, substance use, violence, and sexual content.

As someone who has had their own battles with PTSD and triggers, I know how difficult it can get, so I'm sympathetic to anyone else who may struggle. As such, I wanted to give fair warning and make sure everyone knows what they're in for. 🖤

I hope you all enjoy this as much as you did Blood & Grunge. (If you haven't read it yet, I'd recommend doing so because it sets some things up 🙂). If you do enjoy The Vermillion Strain: Book I, please vote, comment, share, and the like. I love hearing what I did well, what can be improved, anything and everything. It all helps.

Thank you, once again, for your support of my work. I hope you enjoy it!

-JaneSays07

P.S. I also want to thank those of you who have read my very first book, Echoes. I thoroughly enjoy all the comments, votes, and feedback I have been receiving. Happy reading!