Confidence

One month later...

Ollie: They need you on set.
Me: Yeah, right there with ya.

I dump my stuff back in my trailer and head back onto set, meeting Kaya (Scodelario). Kaya and I had worked together on Skins when I was younger, so we've known each other for about 4 years.

Kaya: Thought you'd be early, knowing you.
Me: Thought you'd look better, knowing you.
Kaya: Touché my friend, touché.

I wander to my mark and film the scene, it's us arguing.

Dani (me): Just because Mom's dead it doesn't mean you can just baby me all the time! I'm 15, Rose. I'm not a kid anymore!
Rose (Kaya): Mom doesn't want you to drink so much...didn't want you to drink so much. What happens if you get caught, huh?! It's my ass that's for it! And for the record, you are a kid.
Dani: Just leave me alone! I don't fucking need you anymore!

My character storms out of the set door and the director shouts cut.

Noah (director): That was amazing guys, really really strong.
Me: Thanks, Noah. Are we good for now or?
Noah: Yeah, just stick around for a while, I might need you later for something.
Me: Got it, thanks.

I head back over to Ollie, who's laughing at me and shaking his head.

Me: What? Are you shocked at my talent or something?
Ollie: You know what, Y/L/N, I hope to god someone humbles you, and soon. Your arrogance is appalling.
Me: It's all for show, you know that.
Ollie: Or the cocaine's making you fuzzy. You know, if they catch you, you're fucked. You'll never act on set again.
Me: Thank you, lover. Maybe it'll work out on stage instead in that case.
Ollie: I'm serious, how much did you do?
Me: Just a couple of little white lines, it'll be fine.
Ollie: There's a song lyric in there somewhere. Come on, someone's here for you.

I follow him back to my trailer, confused about who'd be waiting. He lets me in first, then closes the door behind me.

Hailee: Hey stranger.

Shit. I haven't called her in weeks, since I kissed her. I thought she'd just forget about it, seeing as she knows I take drugs and drink more than I eat.

Me: Um, hi? What are you doing here?
Hailee: You didn't call.
Me: I didn't, you're right.
Hailee: Well, I wanna know why.

I shift uncomfortably, then head to my fridge, grabbing a beer and taking the cap off with the bottle opener.

Me: I guess I just didn't.
Hailee: Is that what you do to people? Make them have a crush on you then leave them high and dry?
Me: You'd literally met me that day, I don't think you had a crush on me. Besides, I don't date.
Hailee: Neither do I.
Me: We're just kids, Hailee. And I'm from the UK, you live here. Makes sense to just leave it at that.
Hailee: You're here for a few months, we could have some fun.

She walks over and places my beer down on the counter.

Me: I'm serious, I don't date.
Hailee: I'm not asking you to date me.
Me: Then what do you want?
Hailee: I, um...

This time, it's her turn to shift a little.

Me: What?
Hailee: You just, you make me confused about...my feelings.
Me: How so?
Hailee: I thought I liked guys, then you drop your phone in front of my manager's door and all of a sudden I'm questioning everything. And here you are, so confident about who you are and what you like. It makes me like you, a lot. But then you avoid me and, it's confusing.
Me: I'm trying to save you the trouble of having to deal with me.
Hailee: What if I want to deal with you?