- Cyno | A General's Wish

Requested by AzkaRehan2
Had a little too much inspiration for this one-
Word count: 760

~☆~

Somewhere in Sumeru lived a general. General Mahamatra of the Akademiya. Highly respected by all of Sumerian folk, no one wanted to get to the bad side of this man. Plus, he had barely any patience anyway, except for you.

Now, don't worry, having Cyno as a friend isn't bad or terrifying or anything, sure of course people wonder how the fuck you ended up next to the general of the Akademiya who everyone is terrified of, but personally, you didn't care. You wanted to break those barriers of respect and tried to friend one of most feared people ever, and for some reason, instead of getting angry at you or anything you or other people might expect, he completely agreed to become friends. Surprising, right?

So now you just kept vibing with him whenever you wanted and he didn't even say anything against it, you basically could bother him wheneverand he wouldn't mind.

And of course you did that.

You were out at the Caravan Ribat while you noticed your good ol' friend Cyno rushing to reach the desert. So what you did was that you, of course, walked up to him to stop him. Cyno being Cyno, he stopped, but his reaction wasn't the way you expected it to be.

"Cyno!" you called out. "What's the rush?"

"I need to track down a few eremites in the desert." He sighed, turning towards you. "They've been stealing resources from the Akademiya. I need to get them back. So if you'll excuse m-"

"Can I come too?" you asked, intrigued about the topic. That caused him to stop for a moment and then look at you with a serious face. "Would you like the short answer or the long answer?"

"Short."

"No."

"...Long."

"No, it's too dangerous for you to be out there. These eremites aren't the usual kind and they're in a large group. So, you're not coming, because I, don't want to risk you."

"But what if you need help?"

"I'm the General Mahamatra of the Akademiya..."

"So?"

"...So, I don't need help?"

"Are you sure?"

"...[Y/N], if I know you, you're gonna say ok and then follow me later. This is for your safety. Please don't follow me. Last thing I want is for you to get hurt."

"...Fine..." you ended up complaining but agreed. Of course you were going to follow him. What else would you do anyway?

"Can I trust that decision?" he crossed his arms, raising a brow. "That you won't follow me?"

"Yes." No.

"Good." No, bad. "Then I'll be taking my leave."

"Okay!" Not okay. [Y/N] is not gonna be ok Cyno please don't leave.

"I'll see you later, then." he is leaving oh no. "Have fun with whatever you're doing."

"You too!"

Aaand of course this interaction didn't end there.

~☆~

Cyno grabbed your hand and pulled you behind a wall with all of his might as he spotted you behind him. He was getting ready to fight the eremites so he decided to turn around to look at his surroundings. You, unaware of this, was unable to get a hiding place and ended up getting stuck in the general mahamatra's hands. Perfect.

"[Y/N]!" he whispered, "I told you to not follow me! Why are you here?!"

"I-" you sighed. "I wanted to follow you... I got worried, okay??"

"Why are you worrying about me??" he raised a brow. "I've been fighting people for a good while. There's no place that I won't come back." he smiled a little. Angst?

"I'm just like that, okay?" you held your hands together, "You're my only friend... I've lost someone before. I don't want to... not again."

He sighed before holding your face and smiling a bit. "The last thing I'd want is you to die, [Y/N]." he started. "You're the most important thing in my life. That's why I'm trying to keep you safe, okay?"

"Why do you even-"

"Because I love you."

Silence.

Probably everyone would have the same reaction after being confessed to by the general fucking mahamatra.

"You..." you tried to word it properly. In the end end, however, you couldn't do it, so you gave up. "I love you too."

"Okay," Cyno sighed, standing up, "I need to go finish my job." MOTHERFU- "Would you mind if we continue this later?"

You stood up silently as well. "Mhm." you nodded silently, "But only if I come with you."

"Oh come on..."