CHAPTER 2- DUTY COMES FIRST

Not proofread

It was around 4 AM in the morning, Karishma stifled in bed due to the extreme cold she was experience in her sleep. She wasn't wearing anything and the only material which was only partially covering her body was the thin blanket.

She wasn't comfortable in her sleep due to the pain in her abdomen, her legs were suddenly paining in a weird way. She stifled once or twice and then finally got up.

She looked between her legs and mumbled, "Shit!" And ran towards the washroom after picking up her clothes which were lying in the random corners of the bedroom.

Finally after all the process in her half sleepy state, she came out from the washroom. Haseena, however had woken up already and had sat on the bed while covering her legs with the blanket partially, waiting for her. Karishma came and stood in front of her

"Kahan gayin thi?" Haseena asked while making her sit on the bed and resting her head on her shoulder.

"Washroom," Karishma replied calmly and lied on the bed on her stomach, unable to bear the pain.

"Kya hua jaan?" Haseena asked, reading her expressions.

"Periods," Karishma replied while burying her face in the sheets.

"Pet dard ho rha h?"

Karishma nodded.

Haseena looked at the clock, it was almost 4:30 in the morning. Seeing the time, she got worried. If Karishma didn't sleep properly while on her periods, she would not function properly the whole day.

She bent down and kissed her head, "hum abhi hot water bag laate hain, hmm?" She said softly and picked her clothes to wear them.

Soon, with her eyes closed, Karishma heard the door shut. She smiled at her care and mumbled, "Thank you,".

Haseena was only everything she could ask for. Her wife was so cute and caring, she had never let Karishma feel that she was missing something. She was always there for her, even in the middle of the night.

Soon enough, she heard the door open again and there came Haseena with a hot water bag in her hand and a very small bowl in other.

"Bacha, please sidha soiye na," She asked softly and Karishma immediately turned to sleep on her back, eager to receive some pampering.

Haseena placed the bag on her abdomen and sat down near her feet as she took some oil in her hands.

She spread the oil on her palms and gently massaged her feet, soon Karishma felt the pain vanish and relaxation take over her. Haseena's fingers worked like magic on her legs, the warmth was enough to make her sleepy again. The only thing which she needed was her personal teddy bear, her Haseena.

"Baby," Karishma called her cutely.

"Kahiye na jaan," Haseena to reply in the same tone.

Karishma didn't say anything, but just spread her arms to call her teddy bear and Haseena took the bag and kept it away before lying upon her.

"Ab acha lag raha hain," Karishma mumbled, "Thank you jaan," She said and kissed her forehead.

"Ab so jaiye, hum apko saath baje utha denge, hmm? Phir taiyyar hoke thane chali jayenge," Haseena said to her and Karishma mumbled.

Their eyes were already heavy when the phone ring disturbed them. Haseena was receiving a call.

"Iss baat kon ho sakta hain..." She mumbled while picking up the call and switching on the speaker.

"Haan bolo Cheeta,"

"Jai Hind Maddam Sir, please aap aur Karishma Maddam jaldi yahan aa jaiye ek bahut bada durghatna ghat agaya hain yahan," He immediately spoke in a panicked tone. Haseena immediately got up from her comfort zone and replied, "Haan, Haan Cheete. Hun abhi Thaane aa rahe hain".

"Maddam Thaane nahi aana hain, hum apko message karte hain pata, please jaldi aaiyega," He said and cut the call.

"Karishma, jaldi taiyyar ho jaiye. Lagta hain koi emergency hain" Haseena said and immediately got up to wear some proper clothes. It was not the time to get ready properly and wear her wardi.

------

Soon, they reached the place of which Cheeta had sent them the address and the first thing which their sight got were huge flames rising over a building, there was total chaos all over the place, people running here and there holding bags, important documents and their kids.

They got out of the jeep and spotted Cheeta and Santu holding fire extinguishers while instructing the firefights.

"Cheeta, Santu, yeh kese hua?" Haseena asked.

"Pata nahi Maddam Sir, abhi kuch nahi pata. Sab idhr udhr ho raha hain,"

"Hum andar jaakar dekh ke aate hain," Haseena said while moving towards the building.

"Haseena nahi! Aap nahi jayengi," A worried Karishma said while holding her wrist.

"Karishma, leave me. Humein jaane dijiye andar kisi ko madad ki zarurat hogi," Haseena said in a calm yet stern tone, but Karishma was adamant. How could she leave her love to go in a building which was right now burning due to fire.

"Toh humein bhi saath le chaliye," Karishma said while stomping her foot.

"Maddam Karishma maddam sahi-" Cheeta tried to say but got interrupted.

"Cheeta Chaturvedi and Santosh Sharma, Karishma Singh ko yahi rokiye and that's an order," Haseena said sternly. The fire was not only in the building but in her eyes too. A fire which was clearly visible, no one could stop her now.

Cheeta and Santosh held Karishma while she was shouting and yelling for Haseena to stop, but she didn't pay any heed and moved forward.

----------

It was almost 3 hours later, when the fire was successfully extinguished, they could see the sun rising over the horizon but there was no sign of Haseena around them.

"Apne... Apne SHO Haseena Mallik ko kahin dekha tha andar," A dejected Karishma asked to the firefighters who were moving towards the van with a stretcher in their hand.

"Nahi maddam," He replied, not meeting her eyes and continued to move.

After they moved, another pair of firefighters came, holding a stretcher and as soon as Karishma saw the person lying on it, she felt as God her returned her life to her, she ran towards the firefighters followed by Cheeta and Santu.

Haseena was laying on the stretcher, her face burnt here and there and covered with smoke, her eyes we're barely open. Karishma's gaze followed to her hands and she found that she was holding on to something... Or someone.

She picked whatever Haseena was holding and it was a small baby. Only the thing was that nothing had happened to it but it was crying loudly. There was not a single burnt mark, Her Haseena had kept it safely.

"Karishma..." She heard a faint murmur.

Karishma bent down to her level

"Voh bacha.. Uska.. Uska dhyan rakhiyega, " Haseena barely said while coughing. Her senses just shut and her eyes closed, leaving Karishma and everyone else worried.

.
.
.
.

So comment and vote on this update, show your love.
Follow for more such stories.

Haha, now I am getting something evil in my mind 😈😈😈