CHAPTER 5- HER EXPECTATIONS

I hope you all will enjoy this part, don't forget to comment, vote and follow for more.

Enjoy!

_________________

Sitting inside the jeep, Karishma was reminiscing the eventful night they spent while Haseena was driving the jeep to the Thana.

She raised herself a little and planted a kiss on Haseena's cheek while she was concentrated on the road, but the sudden affection startled her and she looked at Karishma.

"Ka?" Karishma asked, judging the state Haseena was passing at her.

"Kuch nahi voh kiss . . . " Haseena's voice trailed away in confusion.

"Hamara wife hamara marzi, apko ka?" Karishma said rudely and turned towards the window.

"Yeh bhi sahi hain" Haseena mumbled and diverted her concentration back to the road.

Karishma smiled at her, seems like her wife had now developed the habit of her mood swings. Karishma was just right whenever she said that Haseena was the one who understood her the most.

Soon the jeep halted in front of the Thana and Haseena, in her swag immediately got down before rushing inside, leaving a confused Karishma behind.

"Shayad Chikoo keliye gayi hongi," She said to herself, stepping out of the jeep and closing the door after parking it properly.

When she stepped inside, she didn't find the 'normal' atmosphere of the Thana. Instead the condition was just the opposite, everything was silent. She had expected to walk on something like Pushpa ji trying to console a crying Chikoo, or Haseena playing with her or any kind of bakaiti.

But there was no Chikoo, nor the cradle she slept in. There were only the tables and chairs and the staff of the Thana, rather too quiet.

"Sab itna chup kyu hain? Koi toofan aagya kya idhr?" Asked Karishma while walking inside. Everyone wore their caps on their heads and saluted her, "Jai Hind"

"Jai Hind! Chikoo kahan hain aur sab itne chup chup kahe hain?" She asked, looking around for Chikoo once again.

"Maddam voh," Santosh came forward to explain, but it looked like her words were shoved back down in her throat when her voice became heavy.

"Hum batate hain maddam" Said Pushpa Ji. "Voh ghar chli gayi apne" She said with her voice low and her head bowed down.

"Ka!?" Karishma said in shock, "Amaa kal tak toh yahin thi voh."

"Aaj subah gayi hain maddam, uske maa baap aaye the. Pata chala ki voh bhi unn aag ki lapton ka shukar ban gye the aur aspatal mein apna ilaaj karwa rahe the" Said Pushpa ji.

Karishma sighed and took some time to digest the information she'd just got. Chikoo had left. It did affect her a little, seeing through the bonding she had formed with her. But upon everything, she was worried about Haseena who was fond of Chikoo more than anyone else. It was just about laat night when Haseena had literally asked her if she could take Chikoo home and Karishma denied, it was just hours before Karishma had made an important decision.

"Theek hain, sab apna kaam kijiye. Hum aate hain" She said and everyone got back to their work while Karishma went to Haseena's cabin.

She had a perfect view of Haseena from the threshold. She had dug her face into the file in front of her so she could not clearly see her face, but her hair. After waiting for a few more seconds, when she just decided to go from there, she noticed a tear drop falling on the file she was reading. The view made her wait there itself.