Is it true?

People started gathering around Lila and asking what happened. She claimed she just asked Mari to be her friend but she freaked out and started hitting her. "Thankfully I managed to get out of there and lock her in before she could kill me!"
No one seemed convinced. They knew Mari and knew she would never do such a thing. Principal Damocles suggested they should open the door and hear Marinette's side of the story. So that's what they did. Marinette's eyes were red from tears and her hands red from banging on the door as she stepped out of the bathroom. Alya rushed to her side. "Are you okay?"
"She..." Marinette stammered as the rest of her friends came over. "She took my earrings... She.. She colored herself red."
"What a liar!" Lila shouted.
"But the earrings are your miraculous.." Alya whispered to Mari. Mari nodded sadly.
"Lila, we know Marinette. And we know it's very not like her to hit you." Adrien argued gently. Only thinking about the slight chance that's right made no sense in his head. Marinette would never hurt anyone.
"Perhaps we should check the security cameras," Mr. Damocles suggested and they all followed him to his office.
They walked in and Mr. Damocles opened his computer. The intense tension between Lila and Mari was overwhelming as Mr. Damocles clicked the security folder. Mari wondered why Lila looked so calm and sure. She was about to finally be busted for her lies! But Mari couldn't help thinking maybe she got a trick up her sleeve. And then, at last, the video started.