22

Two weeks later

Sesshomaru was starting to question if traveling with Inuyasha and her group was such a good idea. In the last two weeks that they have gone in search of more jewel shards they have slayed four demons, one of which was influenced by the Shikon jewel. They had been terrorizing one human village after another.

Why she felt the need to place her life at risk for the very same humans who didn't accept her while she had been under their father's spell was beyond him. In his opinion, it only placed her in needless danger making him often finding himself holding back his demon

Each and every one of those demons almost went willing to their deaths when they saw his mate approach them with Tetsusaiga hand. Not that Sesshomaru could blamed them. If death had come to him in the form of Inuyasha, he too would have opened his arms and embraced it willingly.

It had taken repressing his natural instincts to allow her to even engage in the slaying of the demons, but he knew that if he wanted to get closer to her, he had to allow her to be herself.

So he gritted his teeth and stood by incase she got injured

which of course she did every once in a while.

The last demon who had the jewel shard imbedded into his stomach had managed to cut her arm causing her to grit in pain.

That was when he ordered the others to destroy the demon so that he could get her out of the fight. Seeing the blood run from the gash had made his eyes turn red with rage as he regarded the demon who had dared to lay a hand on his mate.

He healed her easily enough but it still bothered him to know that she was in pain.

"Sessh I'm okay really" she said while laughing "I've been through worse remember? You've giving me a beating or two if you recall"

Sesshomaru groaned as he remembered the many times he had kicked her sorry ass.

"You're never going to let me forget are you?" He asked

She smiled evilly at him before responding coyly "Nope"

But the thing that was really trying his patience even more than the damn demon attacks were the human males! those infuriating pests

They were unworthy to even kiss the dirt she stepped on! and still, at every human village they entered she would covet the gazes of every male and even sometimes the females.

She was completely unaware of the reaction she stirred in the younger males as she walked with the Priestess and Demon slayer.

They would swarm around her hoping for a chance to speak with her, the way they looked at her was unforgivable to him.

Lust would fill their eyes as she glided by them.

He didn't miss the way their eyes would travel up and down her small curvy frame, they didn't even seem to care that she wasn't completely human. Such beauty she held that even the eyes of monks followed her every move.

If it didn't irritate him so much he would have felt pride

But seeing as they have not completed mating, he felt more pissed off than anything. Then there was the infuriating woman herself!

Inuyasha never made a point to come to him willingly. He knew he had to be patient with her and that they were rebuilding their once fragile trust, but he wanted his mate.

"Do you know how weird this is for me?" She commented one day while walking through yet another village.

They had just entered when once more he saw eyes following her every move making him want to snarl at them.

"I mean I've spent the majority of my life being avoided, so this is just a bit creepy for me" she commented but just went on ahead avoiding the lustful glances.

Just then a young male came up to her and essentially offered her a whole roasted boar in exchange for just one kiss from her. His eyes were almost crazed with his lust: Sesshomaru saw his eyes wander down her body, taking note of her curves.

"Uh oh" muttered Kagome while Miroku winced at the man's direction. "Uh oh indeed" he agreed

"He's dead meat" muttered Shippo who was perched on Sango's shoulders. The woman was shaking her head slowly at the stupidity of the man.

Sesshomaru snarled at the male and moved to step in front of his mate blocking his view of her.

"You dare assume yourself so worthy of her to even speak to her? To assume that her lips are free to whomever? You will stay away from my mate" his claws dripped with poison, his eyes turning red. Sesshomaru wanted nothing more than to take his frustrations out on the man.

"Sessh! Stop it! You know I'm not going to accept his offer!" Inuyasha tugged on his arm.

When he didn't budge, she wrapped her arms around his side and rubbed her face against it making him calm down a bit

"Besides, if I wanted a roasted boar I could always ask you for it right?" she moved again to step in front of the furious demon and placed a small hand on his chest, forcing him to look down at her "Please let it go, don't hurt him..Okay?"

Her golden eyes were pleading for him to calm down and spare the wretch of a man. He snarled at her indicating that he didn't appreciate her interference.

"This simpleton insults me and makes advances on my mate and you would have me turn a blind eye at it?" He said, growling at her. She placed her hand on her hip and glared back.

"Yes because you're attracting too much attention to ourselves and  acting like a barbarian!" she turned and walked over to where the girls were "You can be such a pain sometimes" she glowered "Come on, let's keep moving"

As soon as they were out of the village he walked over to her and plucked her up, and without another word he launched into the sky.

"Go on ahead, I need to have a word with Inuyasha" he spat out, his fury barely contained.

"Ah..er sure" said Kagome a bit warily

"Do you think she'll be alright?" Asked Kagome biting her lip in worry, turning to the others. Sango chuckled at her friend "I would be more worried about Sesshomaru If I were you, if you haven't noticed, Inuyasha has the great and powerful demon lord wrapped around her little finger"

"Now, now ladies, no conspiring on the demon lord" said Miroku in a grave tone but you could tell he was holding in his laughter as well "I'm sure they just need time to themselves"

"Right monk, I don't even want to know what's running through that dirty mind of yours" said Sango in disgust at the dreamy look that Miroku got.

"Ah dear Sango, if I do have any impure thoughts, it's just because our dear Inuyasha has turned into such dazzling lovely woman"

"You better not let her hear you say that" said Shippo who was walking with Kirara "Sure Inuyasha's a girl now but she can still still beat you black and blue"

Miroku sighed sadly "So true"