23

"Alexandra Mazzoretti, you made bail." One of the gaurds came to my cell and said. I was sitting there staring at the wall, wearing the Jordan's I came in here with and an orange jail suit with my inmate number on the back. I been in here for about a week, sad to say I've still been hustling in here too with every chance I got, playing card games for commissary goods and money for the snack machine. I haven't had any calls or visits so I don't know what's been going on since I been in here.

"Alright." I said grabbing my bag of chips and walking out the cell. I followed the gaurd out to the main lobby and signed and filled out all the papers I had too, and changed into my clothes I had on when I first got here.

"I'll keep this suit nice and warm for you." The gaurd said before I could leave. I started to reply back but I didn't bother, police get so ass hurt when you reply back to their ignorant comments. I would've been right back in there and I haven't even stepped out the door yet, so I kept quiet.

I walked outside and breathed fresh air that I haven't breathed in a week and seen a black car parked at the end of the walkway. I wasn't sure who it was, but it was probably Zee. I got in the car and sat down, it wasn't Zee but I was shocked to see it was my mom. Then again I wasn't, but I sure wasn't ready for all she was about to question me about.

"So how long has this been going on?" She said driving off from the grounds of the jail. I didn't answer yet cause I wasn't too sure what she was talking about but I waited until she got in a better place to talk about it, I didn't want to argue or talk no where near a jail right now.

We finally got over to a few gas stations away, and she parked the car and turned it off. "Are you gonna answer me?"

"How long has what been going on?"

"Your dad told me everything, and I see you been signing yourself out of school."

"Yeah but I still got straight A's what is the difference? And what did he tell you?"

"Alex, you have the best grades and GPA to go anywhere you wanna go for college and you wanna throw that all away cause you into this street life? You don't want this life!"

"Can we really not talk about this?"

"No we're gonna fucking talk about it. You're not about to be stuck in this lifestyle. Yeah it's all fun and games at first but once you get caught, once someone snitches on you, you see it's not easy."

"You of all people trying to tell me how to live my life? You didn't make the grades I made in school, I doubt it if you finished, you got wrapped up in this lifestyle because you were in love with dad. I'm not in this for no guy, I'm in this lifestyle for myself. I'm taking care of me. I don't look at it as fun and games, nothing about it is fun and games. It's all about business, and making money. I'm doing what I gotta do to take care of me in the future, I haven't felt so comfotable somewhere than I do doing what I do now. I'm done, I just can't right now." I said getting out the car and slamming the door. I wasn't ready and in no shape to talk to my mom about that stuff. I had something to handle that keeps getting held back, and that's Joey.

I walked in the gas station and used the phone inside to call Zee, but he didn't answer so instead I called Twizzy. Within 20 minutes he came to get me and I hopped in and we started riding through the streets.
"How was everything since I been gone?"

"Everything went just as if you were out here. I took care of things. Cause they got Zee too."

"Why? He didn't do anything."

"He showed up at the scene and Joey said he was in on this with you, so he lied a shit load once your cop car pulled off. But I heard after they took him in for questioning he went right to the airport and nobody here heard from him since."

"Wow, of course he ran off. Did he tell anything else that you know of?"

"I'm not sure, but you heard about your dad?"

"No what about him?"

"He took the blame and fall for all that just happened so pretty much he saved you, but they giving him an early trial. It might be starting soon actually." I knew that was coming, my dad wasn't going to have me sit in a jail cell as well as himself. That's how it was, and if he did that then he must trust me and believes that I know what I'm doing out here, cause if not he wouldn't of done that for me. I know if anyone knew where Joey was headed it would be him. I had to get in contact with him somehow.

"I believe it. That probably means he wants to see me. If Joey told anything important they wouldn't of let me go, and a trial? Already?"

"Yeah, they said an early one since he not to long ago got out. Joey might've set you both up but not as bad. He probably knew you would go there, cause how else the cops gonna just know exactly where to go?"

"You got a point, he's a little bitch I swear. I'm never going to stop looking for him if that's the case, cause then he got himself in even worse shit. I wanna try and make it to my dad's trial. I wanna be there, I hope they don't give him too long."

"I'm shocked your dad did that, but I gotta go get Zee out, everyone who they arrested that night had a high bail. Then we'll make our way over there. But yeah, it's most likely that he set you all up that night. That girl Kiera got out too, she's back with her fam in LA."

"I'm sure, especially since my dad was there I know that's a reason to the high bails. The whole police force here knows who he is. If Joey told anything important about me, they wouldn't of let me go. He probably figured that setting us up was enough at that point, and I'm glad she finally made it home, she was in that place longer than I was."

"True, he probaby wasn't trying to get in a deeper place than he already is, but he kind of did. Just know we all got your back, we going where you go regaurdless." He said driving off and into the parking lot of the jail that Zee was in. I'm not sure where Joey could be but I would go wherever he was just to finish what he started, and hopefully this trial goes well cause if not, I'm going on a killing spree, attacking everyone that's associated with him, and whoever gets in my way too.