5

I walked in the house and seen the light from the living room TV on, so I know mom was still up sitting in the living room. I felt my phone vibrating in my bag but I didn't bother to check it. I had a lot on my mind, Austin, Joey, the truth. Ugh, it's a headache.

My house was real big but my living room wasn't too far once you walked in. I could see the shadow of my mom sitting on the couch in the hallway before I walked inside. I turned into the room and she looked at me and smiled holding her glass of wine.

"Come sit with me." She said patting her hand against the couch. I smiled back and felt my phone vibrating in my bag again but I ignored it. I went and sat down next to my mom and put my arm around her.

"So dad might be coming home soon?" I said looking at her and sitting back against the couch.

"Yeah, he might be home Christmas. That's about four weeks from now." She said drinking more of her wine. "I can't wait until he's back here again. You know me and your dad's been through a lot but I was always his main woman he'd come back too. I held his wild ass down." She said laughing shaking her head.

"I see that," I laughed. "You stayed by him and supported him all the way, that's real ride or die love."

"It is, and I wouldn't change it for anything else." She leaned back against the couch and looked at me. "How about you? We don't really get to talk about that kind of stuff how's the love shit for you?"

I rolled my eyes and stared away shaking my head. "Let's not-"

"Why not? What happened to that Austin boy you used to be around all the time? You were crazy about his ass."

"Mom no, love is not the first thing in mind. And I'm not crazy for anybody, never was."

"Oh yeah? So they must be crazy for you if your not crazy for them then right?" She laughed and put her wine glass down. Putting my hand on my face I thought, little does she know. Changing the subject I got back on the conversation about my dad.

"How do you guys know he's gonna be getting out?"

"Good behavior, he hasn't gotten in any trouble for a year straight, so they say he could be coming home around Christmas. It's not a for sure thing but it's in consideration."

I thought about telling my mom about what I do but I'd rather not, I'm unsure of her thoughts about it, especially about me doing it. Even though it's not hard to expect. My mom was Italian and Black, while my dad was a hardcore Italian. He grew up the son of a mobster and then some, that's why he wasn't scared of nobody or anything. Being the son of a mobster he practically was raised to kill, raised around drugs. That was all he known. While on my moms side, she was raised around drugs as well, she's used to that kind of stuff and that's why she knows how to handle all my dad's shit. They handle each other so well because of the lifestyles they came up on.

"That's good, then we'll all be home." I smiled and looked at her as I thought about my life I kept so secretive.

"Yeah we will, your dad can get back to running the streets and taking care of us. Have you seen your brother? I gotta tell him too but he didn't pick up his phone."

My brother, Marcus was a year older than me. He knew a little about my life outside of the house but not much. We were kind of close, whenever we would see each other anyways.

"He's been out with his hoes lately." I laughed and felt my phone buzz in my bag again.

"Don't talk about them girls like that." She laughed and shook her head.

"Why not? I call it as I see 'em," I laughed. "Imma go upstairs and go to sleep mom I'm getting kind of tired, I had a long night." I hugged her as she said good night to me and got up and walked out the living room. On my way up the stairs, my phone buzzed again. I took it out and answered immediately once I seen Joey's name.

"I got your voice mail Alex. Talk about what?" He said sounding like he was confused.

"You know what, I'm gonna come over. You know, do what we usually do."
"You not going back to Austin?" He asked me.

"Fuck Austin. I'll be there in a few minutes." I hung up, and left out to my car. I told him that so he wouldn't get any thoughts that I knew the truth. If I had to sell a good story to get to where I need to get, so be it.

********

I pulled up in Joey's driveway and got out the car and walked right in since he left the door open for me. I creeped my way down to his basement where he always was and seen him sitting in a chair playing GTA on his Playstation 3. I walked over to his chair and sat right on his lap. He smirked up at me with what I thought now was a devious look and he laid his hands on my waist.

"You know I missed you right?" He smiled and kissed on my neck. "I thought for sure you'd be all over Austin by now, want nothin to do with me." He rubbed his cold hands from up my waist to up my shirt. All the thoughts of everything I seen Joey do on that tape ran through my mind, I could feel my blood begin to boil. I slid my hand in my pocket carefully and took out a needle, sliding it up my sleeve. I looked at him and smiled as he kept kissing on my neck.

"I missed you too Joey," I said putting my arms around him and tilting my head to the side as he sucked on my neck harder. I slid the needle from under my sleeve and when I got a clear angle, I struck him directly on the left side of his neck, knocking him out instantly. I seen him dozing off immediately and bent down to look into his half closed eyes and whispered, "You should've never lied to me Joey."