19x05

To say Meredith was nervous was the understatement of the year. She was freaking out. While they still had been in Boston the decision had been easy and she still didn't regret it at all but now that they were sitting in the plane back to Seattle just minutes away from landing she was getting more and more frightened of Nick's reaction. He had moved because of her countless times, had always pushed his needs aside and had made her his priority. But her kids were her priority. Zola was her priority so that she had no other option than to move to Boston in order to help her.

Would Nick be mad and end his relationship with her? Would he stay in Seattle or move back to Minnesota? Would he come after her once more? He had just taken this job in Seattle like a month ago to be able to be with her. But she had to do this. She had to move to Boston since it was the best for Zola. Even if it would mean they would break up. Tears welled up in her eyes just at the thought that she would maybe never see him again after this break up. He wouldn't come back a second time and she wouldn't blame him for that.

And somehow it had to be expected that she would somehow find a way to mess up this relationship as well. Because she constantly managed to ruin every single one of her relationships in the end Taking a deep breath she looked out of the window, already seeing the airport where Nick would pick her and Zola up.

As they walked together through the plane and out into the gate Zola couldn't stop talking about how excited she was to start a new live in Boston while Meredith just kept listening to her, trying to keep in mind like this why she was doing it and that it was more than worth it. After they picked up their luggage and walked through the giant halls out of the airport she immediately spotted Nick, leaning against his car in the front row of the parking lots. The second she saw him her chest suddenly tightened. She was just minutes away from ruining the amazing relationship she had with him.

"Hey Nick!" Zola said happily, quickly hugging him before getting into the car already. "Hey." He said to Meredith. He knew her. He knew her so well that he could see her watery eyes in a matter of seconds. And he could already imagine what they meant. "Hey." She replied, her voice a little raspy as she walked up to him and kissed him passionately. This could be the last time ever she would be able to kiss him like this. "Let's get you home." He said, a slight smile on his lips as he took in the beauty of his amazing girlfriend. He was prepared for this.

On their whole ride back to Meredith's house Zola kept telling Nick about all the great things she got to see in Boston while every time he would take a glance at Meredith he would find her avoiding his gaze, her head turned towards the window.

"And mom even agreed that I could have cello lessons when we move there!" Zola said excited. And then his suspicions had suddenly became true. Zola had said 'when we move' which meant that they had already decided. Meredith had already made a decision. "So, you'll be moving to Boston?" he asked into the sudden silence. "Yes, and it'll be absolutely amazing!" Zola exclaimed, continuing with her rambling about how amazing her life will be after they would have moved to Boston.

In this moment Meredith couldn't help but let the tears fall freely, using the time where both Nick and Zola couldn't see her face to just cry silently. She had made the right decision but that didn't mean that it was any less hard. She would lose Nick. Their relationship wouldn't survive the distance between the two of them a second time. She had practically ended their relationship already by taking the job in Boston.

As they arrived Zola quickly ran inside, wanting to tell Maggie and Amelia everything as well while Nick gently grabbed Meredith's arm in the doorway to hinder her from going inside already. And as she turned around he could see the dried tears strands on her face which she had tried to wipe away as well as her smeared mascara that had created dark circles around her eyes. It broke his heart seeing her like this because it meant that she had already come to the conclusion that her moving to Boston would manifest the end of their relationship. "You're moving to Boston." He said softly. He thought he had been prepared for this moment but he had definitely underestimated how hard this was going to be. Especially to find the right words.

"Yeah. I- I have to, Nick. I have to do it for Zola." She gave back, still trying to avoid his eyes. "I know that. She's your priority." He said, smiling encouragingly at her as he gently lifter up her chin with his hand. By now his eyes had started to get watery as well. "Jackson already offered me a job. I- I could cure Alzheimer's." she said, chuckling weakly and tiredly as she now met his eyes. "That's amazing Mer, I'm really proud of you." He said, giving her the opportunity to get to the real topic herself.

"So- you're not mad that- I am practically ripping us apart." She asked confused, her voice more vulnerable than ever. He sighed. She didn't understand what he was trying to make her ask. "Meredith. I've already moved because of you so many times." He begun, especially emphasizing the last few words while at the same time chuckling at his words. "I know. And I am so thankful that you did but that's exactly why-" but he was quick to interrupt her.

"And that's exactly why I wouldn't mind moving once more if that would mean I could be with you okay?" he said, smiling now brightly at her while stroking her soft cheek as she now tilted her head a little, leaning into his touch as fresh tears made their way down her cheeks. "Really?" she asked, a smile forming on her lips as well. "Yes really. Just ask me Mer."

"Nick?" she asked, the smile on her face getting bigger and bigger as it felt as if he had just taken tons of load off of her. "Yes?" he asked, making her giggle. "Do you want to move to Boston with me and my kids?" she asked as more and more tears were now rolling down her cheeks. But now they were happy tears, tears of relief. "I would love to move to Boston with you and your kids." He said before quickly taking her into his arms, holding her as close to him as possible. "Thank you." She said, crying now even harder than earlier in the car.

"I love you Mer. And I won't ever let anything destroy what we have okay? And I am so happy that Zola is happy and I am sure she'll do amazing in Boston. And I am also sure that you'll do amazing with the Alzheimer's trial." He said, rubbing her back comfortingly. He could already imagine all of them living together in one big house as a family. Moving in with Meredith and her kids would be the best thing that could ever happen to him.

"I love you too. And I am so grateful that you're such an amazing guy." She said, melting into his arms even more as she felt him kissing the top of her head lovingly. This man was probably one of the best things that had ever happened to her.

Sooo we all already expected her to move away but somehow I am not that optimistic that they will give them a happy end....  because they never do...