Chapter 8

Vegas

My heart was pounding loudly in my ears as I made my way out of the room. Stupid fucking Pete!!!  He didn't know anything! My anger surged. He was on the outside looking in.

What does he fucking know?! Nothing!

But I wasn't necessarily mad at the words that he said but more that the fact that They were the same words that Macau said a few months before. Shit.

I stopped walking. They were right, I know I have a way out. Not that I would ever admit that to them. And I know mom wouldn't have wanted us to be in this particular situation.

But she wasn't here now and I am doing the best a can for Macau...... and for Me. Sure I could up and leave but I was the only one left to protect Macau.

I had to wait at least until Macau graduated. I had to make sure that we could leave and disappear with no trace. I had to completely cover our tracks leaving nothing behind.

Because knowing how relentless Pa is, he would find us as long as Macau is registered in school.

Just a few more months Vegas. I said over and over in my head, I have to remind myself of the goal. Be patient. I headed to the backyard and over to my motorcycle that I brought months back to impress Porsche.

What a fucking fail that was. I shook my head. Maybe I was a failure that Pa keep saying. I swung my leg over the bike and sat down.

I need a drink and fast before I lose my shit.

Searching my back pocket for the keys, when I felt my phone vibrate. A sense of dread hit me. Please don't be Pa please!

I couldn't take another yelling match. Not if I wanted to keep my fucking sanity. I fished for my cell just to see Familiar name flashed across my screen. Sin? My eyes grew in shock but I quickly masked it. I haven't talked to him in over a three months.

I answered the call and was the first to speak. " what do you want Sin?" I blurted out harshly hoping this would be quick. There was a pause and I could hear loud noises in the background.

"Oh come on Vegas don't be like that. You are going to hurt my feelings." His sultry voice said. I sigh inwardly and my jaw clinched. I don't have time for this. " you have five seconds to tell me why you called." I snarled.

I was met by silence which pissed me off even more. "Five....... Four..... three....." I started counting down. I know he thinks that i was kidding. I wasn't. " two.... On-..." " Ok ok. Damn it Vegas.........I miss you." I frowned.

I could feel my skin crawling. Sin knew I didn't do relationships especially not with him. He was Kinn's ex- play toy and I no longer needed him to get to Kinn. So why would he call?

I didn't even respond to him and ended the call but before I was able to put my phone away. Sin's name flashed across the screen again. I squeezed my phone, feeling my patience quickly fading.

I answered the call "Sin-..." " Vegas! Okay okay, you didn't have to hang up on me, Rude! I called you because I really do miss you. Don't you miss me? We haven't seen each other for over three months?"

I knew this conversation was taking a horrible turn and I had to shut it down immediately. "Sin, I'm sorry but no, I don't miss you. Our relationship was physical and nothing else". I couldn't believe I had to repeat this once again.

"ouch! Vegas that hurts. I thought I meant more to you, like you did to me". I almost laughed, i know that was a lie. He probably called because Kinn has no use for him anymore. So he came back to me.

"Get the the point Sin" my teeth clinched. I was holding on to the last straw before my anger slipped through.

Sin was one of the major family's business partners son and I could not afford "offend" him like I would like to. " Vegas you are no fun. How about this have a few drinks with me? and if everything goes right maybe something more?" He said trying to to make his voice seem sexy.

There was the real reason he called. Not that he would be getting any, I do not want to go down that road again. But maybe I'll use him to get some useful information. "Sure, send me the address I'll be there."

"Of course. I'll see you when you get here" I shook my head and pitch the bridge of my nose, ending the call.

This is going to be a long fucking night.

————————————————————————————
A few hours later

I stumbled threw the door of my office and walked to my desk, sitting down on the chair behind it. I checked my phone it was 1 am. Thank God today is Saturday.

I didn't have any classes for the next two days. I didn't plan to be out that long with Sin but I had to make him drunk enough to talk. Not that it did any good.

He didn't know anything about the upcoming project with the major family.Waste of my fucking Energy. I would rather had a few drinks by myself then to entertain a spoil rich pick who had sticky fingers.

I groaned inwardly, my head was a mess all day. I needed to shower and hopefully sleep before Pa wakes up. I stood up making my way to my bedroom door but not before I put away everything from my pockets. I might be super tipsy but I'm not stupid.

I entered my room and walked straight to bathroom. 30 minutes I was washed, dressed and ready for bed. Walking closer to it Pete's sweet smell hit me and I bit back a groan.

I couldn't stop myself from taking in another deep sniff but stopped. Something seemed off with his smell. It was deeper? Nope.. potent? Stronger? None of the words could describe it but it made my alpha long, yet want to.... protect?

"No Vegas, snap the fuck out of it. Bastard!" I whispered to myself.

I walked closer and saw Pete in a fetal position covered in sweat. My alpha went on high alert. I ran the rest of the way and pulled him into my arms.

Fuck he's burning up. I removed his pants leaving him just in his underwear and ran to the kitchen for a bowl of cold water and medication that could help break the fever.

I tried for what seems like hours Pete temperature was still the same. 103.4.

I checked my phone and realized it was 6am. He has to be up. So I placed the call. "Hello" a deep voice came on the line. "P'Tam, I need your help" "Vegas?! Is that you." He said voice laced with confusion " yes! I just need to ask you a few questions?" I was getting aggravated. "Go ahead."

"How do you treat omegas that are sick? I do not have much experience with all of this. Normally I deal with alphas or betas and after giving them medication that you whip up, the fever breaks within a few hours?"

Tam chuckled and said " Vegas Omegas are just like Alphas. They're not some strange species. Tell me the symptoms of the person and I'll see if I can help."

I explained to him all of the what Pete is going through. The line went silent before P'Tam spoke. "Umm Vegas, that Omega is not sick........ He or she is in heat and the only way to get them through this is to help them with their needs." Tam said chuckling again.

Needs? Needs? What in the hell is he talking about.

"I know you're brain is turning Vegas but just think about when you're in a runt and you're needs. It's kind of the same." "But- ." "Vegas I got to go, there calling me. Good luck" and with that the line disconnect.

I stared at my phone for a few minutes before I felt Pete hand weakly grabbing my thigh. I was shocked he was finally up "Pete you're up? Are you okay?"

Pete let out a moan and stared in my eyes. "Vegas Help me."

Well, well, well. Hello everyone. Sorry for the late and long update. I had a busy week, anyways things are going to get juicy in the next chapter ( or will they lol). Also I brought up a past hookup bc he will be important later 😜. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and leave me a comment. Thank you sooooooo much for reading 🙏. Bye 👋❤️