06

"What do you like about her?"

Juyeon's question after the movie at the theatre did startle Kevin for its abruptness. If Juyeon needed to ask, it was supposed to be right away after he told him about his feelings, not 4 hours afterward and some more not in the gents.

Or maybe, Kevin did not intend to forget that the world was too fast for Juyeon.

But still, Kevin did not directly answer him. For he was slightly amazed.

"Now I'm sure that you and Hana are best friends", he chuckled. "She did ask me the same question when I confessed that day."

"You've confessed?" the boy was taken aback, crossing his arms as Kevin washed his hands at the sink. "When was it?"

Kevin sighed, drying his wet hands with some tissues before he looked at his friend.

"That day in the library whilst she's waiting for you", he paused, biting his lips. He did not lie that he was nervous to spill everything out to Juyeon.

For, the latter was the closest to the girl he had a crush on.

Juyeon absolutely did not mind about it. He was fine if his friend had fallen for his other friend, he would support them with all his heart.

But, one thing he seemed could not decipher.

"Why never she told me?" he said lowly, skimming Hana from a distance as soon as he came out from the gents.

As far as he remembered, he and Hana along with Freya never had secrets, they definitely would share even the smallest thing between them.

Or maybe he was the oblivious one?

"Will you talk to her?" Kevin's question snapped Juyeon back to reality, cluelessly asking back for elaboration which the former did not mind to explain. "I told her to take as much time as she needs to answer. So, will you convince her?"

At that, Juyeon draped his arm around Kevin's shoulder, giving him a little encouragement.

"I definitely will", he paused, shrugging. "It does feel weird to have met someone who falls for her."

"When you told me about Hana, I was curious about her", lowering his head, Kevin's cheek started reddening, refused to let Juyeon notice. "After I met her, I could relate the stories you told about her with herself."

Juyeon's lips were partly agape, half amazed and half speechless. Ever since he knew Kevin, he had never seen this side of him.

A side of someone who was madly in love.

"Juyeon!"

Their private talk was then interrupted by Hana's yell, motioning him to come closer. It did seem like she had been waiting for him.

And like it has been programmed in Juyeon's head, he instantly slipped away from Kevin for the girl.

"Why?" he questioned, curiosity welled up as his best friend looked desperate to have him there.

"Have you checked the group chat?" instead, Freya asked. "Our classmates back in high school want to hold a reunion. Sounds fun right?"

The confused reaction from him never failed to make the girls scoff, too sure that he was unaware of the news.

"What can you do without us?" Hana mockingly shook her head at the obliviousness but never meant it.

She fell for everything Juyeon did, even when he was just breathing.

Little did Juyeon realize, that it was not because of himself that he was not aware of the news. But his phone died whilst they were in the theatre earlier.

"Let me see it too", he took Hana's phone which was still in its owner's grasp to peek over, did not realize that the device would fall anytime soon if it was not because of his hand that was supporting it under Hana's.

At a certain point, Hana herself stopped focusing on the group chat, her racing heart was far more important than the virtual discussions.

The touch on her skin, and the closeness of their faces to the extent she could smell his perfume, Juyeon was torturing her heartbeats.

"D-Do you want to go?" she questioned, masking herself from being seen struggling.

"Why not?" it was then Juyeon let go of the phone and also her hand, standing tall on his feet. "Let's go together."

"Of course", Freya replied, playful stare was shot towards Hana, knowing exactly what had just happened.

For 10 years she has been rooting for the two though she was not sure what the end of their story would be. Nonetheless, she was praying for a happy ending.

"It must be fun to attend a reunion", Changmin spoke up, staring up at the high ceiling of the building.

All of them were already in their third year yet what they had done were only studying and joining clubs of their preferences.

"We are like nerdy right?" Chanhee said, admitting himself as one. "Why don't we organize a party for the final-year students?"

"Ooh, interesting", Kevin chimed in after a long period of silence, averting his gaze toward Hana. "Will you join if we have one?"

"Sure", she answered without any struggle, looking up at Kevin who was smiling all along. "We will be busy finding jobs after graduating, so why not live to the fullest whilst we can."

"Agreed!" Freya added, and her head seemed full of ideas for a party and what to wear on a certain day. "You guys better don't give me such fake hope."

"I'll discuss it with the student's committee", Changmin volunteered, too excited that his dimple had beautifully drawn on his cheek.

Unbeknownst to them, Juyeon was not in the same boat as them.

Whilst they were talking about organizing a party, the boy's mind was wandering around Kevin and Hana.

He would understand if Kevin was making efforts towards the girl, but he could not understand how Hana looked all fine like no awkwardness ever disturbing her, specifically that she knew how Kevin felt towards her.

"You're strangely okay with Kevin", he found himself speaking up his mind whilst being alone with the girl. "When I first introduced you to Changmin and Chanhee, you could not even open your mouth to talk to them."

"Since when you are curious about many things?" she questioned back, crossing her arms as she looked at him. "Why? Don't you like it if I befriend Kevin?"

"No, I like it", he smiled but deep inside he was disappointed.

For Hana had never meant to tell him about the confession.