13

Heiji was her name - the goddess Juyeon accidentally bumped into. She was pretty and Hana must admit.

The way she elegantly sat on the seat whilst having the group discussion, speaking up her curiosity when she needed and laughing with the jokes her group members did, she was the perfect girl any other boy could have wanted.

And that included Juyeon.

Hana was unable to stop her reflex from glancing over her shoulder towards that certain boy who ended up being in the same group as Heiji after the dramatic accident earlier.

It was not like she wanted to control everything Juyeon did on campus, but being in a group with Kevin and Chanhee already sounded terrible, to begin with. Furthermore, this team was assigned to showcase creativity which the boys would have mastered but not her. Her hatred of the arts was more than how she hated to see Chanhee look prettier all the time.

"Heiji and I are taking some classes together", Freya sat next to her best friend after her group had concluded their discussion, knowing exactly how Hana felt right now. Her stare towards Juyeon's group could have killed anyone. "What exactly do you want to know?"

"We all know Juyeon is a social butterfly", Hana sighed, slowly adverting her gaze from Juyeon and Heiji to Freya. "But up until now, he never had any female friends other than us."

At that Freya flinched, sitting straight on the chair. How could she have missed this one fact?

"You make me curious too", she whispered into Hana's ear, carefully skimming the area as if they were on some sort of mission. "Don't worry, I'll find it out for you."

It was then, that Freya needed to leave first to kick off the first task she was given in her group. Strangely everyone was taking this thing too seriously as if it would be graded whilst it was nothing other than a final party they would be having before graduating.

And Hana was having a hard time.

To mask her feelings and hide her pain when she waited for Juyeon after everything ended. She even had to force herself to look at how Juyeon and Heiji were seemingly more attached than the earlier, they seemed to refuse to be apart.

"You okay?" a low voice beside her ear snapped her out of the daydream, her head automatically turned towards the source, just to meet Kevin's concerned eyes that were looking into hers.

When she noticed him, she seemed to realize that she was not the only one who was waiting for that certain boy. All of them except for Freya were there.

"I thought you guys had left", she said, earning their attention.

"We have promised to go to the cafe together, didn't we?" Chanhee was furious, crossing his arms as he watched Hana squeeze her eyes tight, completely forgetting about it. "Did something happen to you? You have been so silent since earlier that I found it weird. Don't you want to fight with me?"

"I'm lost, that's all", she shrugged, running her hand through her hair. "How could they assign me to that team when I obviously, suck in arts."

Her rolling eyes somehow made Changmin gasp, and his jaw slightly dropped. It felt somehow more like an insult to him considering that he was the one who sent her to the team.

"I'm offended, Hana", he stepped closer, draping his arm around the girl's shoulder. The vibe was like a notorious serial killer and Hana almost lost her sanity to look normal. Leaning towards her ear, Changmin whispered. "I purposely sent you into Kevin's group knowing that you two are at the phase to know each other."

"We what?"

"You should thank me later", he shut her up, patting her shoulder. "This party needs to be successful. Memorable and exciting".

His dimple appeared as he started imagining Kevin and Hana were officially dating right on the night of the party, both of them were dancing so gracefully on the dance floor.

Sadly it won't happen, but still possible.

"Sorry I'm late", it was then Juyeon joined them, automatically Hana turned on her heels not to welcome him but to see that girl.

She was still staring towards them, smiling ever so endearing - obviously towards Juyeon, though he did not see it.

"Gross", Hana spoke up under her breath which failed to avoid attention.

"Why?" Juyeon completely heard her, suddenly worried to see her bitter expression. "Are you sick?"

Little did Hana know, she had returned to square one when he started talking to her. All of the painful scenes she witnessed earlier disappeared in a heartbeat, seeing only him right now.

"Hungry", she lied, drawing a smile upon her face.

Understood that his best friend could have such flexible emotions whenever she was hungry, Juyeon immediately searched for some sweets in his bag to temporarily satisfy her stomach.

"Call Eric if he wants to join us", he passed the sweets to her, patting her back once before he was swarmed by Changmin and Chanhee for some sweets.

The smallest thing like this already made her feel loved as if his attention was created originally for her. But, it soon vanished when she was reminded of Heiji.

"I know how you feel", Kevin told her, watching her blink out of confusion. "I must say that your feelings for Juyeon are genuine and you must have felt so much pain to see how close he bonds with Heiji."

"Are you speaking from an experience?" she chuckled. It was intended to be a joke but Kevin later turned the table, confirming that it was.

"It does hurt to see you and Juyeon bond so well", he shrugged, pocketing his hands. "But, I am no one to stop that."

Their eyes met with such different emotions which made Hana suddenly feel bad for rejecting him that day. He seemed so sincere to prove his feeling to her but she has returned it with only pain.

How bad of her.

"Kevin, you know I-"

"What are you guys doing?" Chanhee's loud voice interrupted their moments, awakening the pair to realize that they were far ahead leaving them.

"I did a good job putting them in the same group, right Juyeon?" Changmin proudly said, nudging the said boy next to him.

But, Juyeon did not feel good about it.

Knowing that Kevin and Hana were in the same group was a part of the plan somewhat felt wrong.