~c h a p t e r 1~

¨Hey, Mitch,¨ you said as your friend picked up the phone, ¨Can you pick me up? I'm at the gas station.¨

¨Sure Y/N, I'll be there in a bit.¨ She said, static muffling her masculine voice.

¨Ah, thank you so much, I really appreciate it.¨

¨No prob!¨ And she hung up the phone, leaving you to wait for her car to pull up and bring you to your new home. The Valley was a labyrinth. Almost impossible to navigate and get to the places you want to go. You can never get anywhere without taking a wrong left turn.

Deciding that standing in the snow would result in catching a cold, you decided to wait inside the corner store until your friend came.

The bell above the door jingled welcomingly as you walked in. You shivered as the warm air touched your skin, making it tingle slightly. No one was at the register, so you just decided to walk around aimlessly, looking at random items. Some seemed foreign to you, others familiar. You continued to look around until...

Thud

You bumped into someone.

"Gah! S-sorry, that was completely my fault!" You panicked, unsure of what to do in the situation.

The person sat up and brushed their long, messy hair out of their face, looked at you. The both of you stared at each other for what seemed like hours. The air seemed thick and sticky. The person finally spoke.

"...It's ok."

"Uh... ok? Need a hand?" You asked, holding out your dominant hand to help them up. They hesitantly took it and used your support to pull themselves off the tile floor.

"Sorry about that again," You said awkwardly. They still hadn't let go of your hand.

"What's your name?"

"It's uh, Y/N." you mumbled, "You?"

A long pause followed.

"You can call me John Doe." They answered with a haunting grin. They let go of your hand and left, leaving you alone in the corner store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyyy!! Sorry this chapter was a bit short! I was trying to hurry and get at least the first chapter out for yall to read. tysm for reading and I'll see ya in the next chapter! Be safe & drink water!!

Keo signing out^^