Chapter 4

I walked around the venue with my mouth zipped in a thin line. My eyes roamed around, looking at everyone and observing them laughing and conversing with one another. I feel so... small. I am surrounded with people with huge names, politicians, old men who are obviously high profile, while here I am, just a young woman who's only good with history. Ano ba ginagawa ko rito???

Nagpatuloy lang akong naglakad while being mesmerized by the people surrounding me, when I accidentally bumped into someone.

"OMG I'm so sorry!" Pagpa- panic kong sabi.

When I raised my eyes on his face... Holy shit...

Everything that was surrounding us suddenly became mute. Chandeliers that were sparkling above a while ago became blurred as my eyes became focused on the person that I was currently facing.

I finally found him.

What now?

What the fuck am I supposed to do? Bakit hindi ko 'to pinag- isipan mabuti! I've always dreamed and pictured of us meeting but having his presence in front of me just seemed to vanish all of my planned conversations. I was in utter speechless. What do I say? "Hi! I'm the one who you loved from 400 years ago?" "Hi! I was reincarnated to find you!" Don't be utter stupid! He'd think I'm crazy.

I returned back to my senses when he snapped his fingers repeatedly in front of my face. He was wearing a dark brown formal suit. His hair was slicked to the side with a gel showing his hairline.

"What the fuck. Are you fucking mute?" Nanlaki ang mata ko at nagulat na lamang ako sa pananalita niya.

Magsasalita na sana ako nang may lumapit sa amin.

"Oh! You came! Gladly to finally meet you, Ms. Aguilar! We're so honored to have your presence! I see you have met our son!" Sabik na sabik na sabi ng matandang lalaki, which I'm guessing is his father.

"You know this girl? Why is she even here? She doesn't seem the kind of person to belong here." He scoffed and looked at me with disgust.

I just remained my composure and put up my smile still.

"Have some respect! I'm so sorry for my son's behavior. Hindi ko alam saan nagmana itong batang 'to. Anyway, let me formally introduce you, Ms. Aguilar, this is our son, Alexander Cassius Suerte..."

There was no doubt that it was him. It's too much of a coincidence, even his name sounded a lot like his past name.

"And Alexander, this is one of the most famous known Filipino authors to write history books and not only that, she is known to having a degree at such a young age! She is currently a Historian Professor in Damian Laurent University. Her name is Constance Scarlett Aguilar. Honestly, what a brilliant mind you have my darling!" His mother complimented which made me kind of embarrassed.

"Thank you for the compliment, Mrs. Suerte! It's an honor to be invited here." I said.

"Well, brilliant minds like you, it is only right to invite you. You see, we were actually the ones who hosted this event. Our company decided, why don't we use our name for something useful. Since the clothing line which our company handles, is branded as modernized old- fashioned and something historical, we hosted this not just to promote us but to also uplift historians such as you." His mother explained.

"May you excuse us for a minute. It's really nice meeting you, Ms. Aguilar." Pagpapaalam nila bago sila nakipag- usap sa iba pang bisita nila.