Chapter 5

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! We are all gathered here today not only to recognize our dear scholars and historians but also, we are here to uplift the works of our very own Filipinos from the past. Filipinos are well known for their handicrafts, paintings, and such. But the works that we are showing to you all in this stage today are not from the artists that you usually know like the likes of Juan Luna, and such. These are works that you have never seen before that are crafted by not so well-known artists. Welcome to our auction for history artifacts! My name is Caroline Diaz! I am your art associate on board and will be the one hosting you all throughout the event. How many of you have been in an auction before?" A lady wearing a slitted red dress asked in the podium.

I've been to a few auctions before but I was never a participant. I usually just watch from the back of the room, looking at the smug faces of those rich men raising their bid, competing to one another. There are a few decent ones that I've attended to but most of the times that I've been to auctions, I just feel uncomfortable with the very sheer of their smugness that I sometimes wish that I could punch it out of their faces. I glanced up to the tall fellow besides me and nudged his arm.

He looked down at me with creases on his forehead and whispered, "What?"

"Have you been to an auction before?" I asked.

"I may have gone to a few where there are accidents that caused a number of deaths." He told this while wearing an expression acting as if what he said was nothing while my face on the otherhand was deadass horrified.

"Don't you have anything else to do other than taking souls?!" I accidentally said in a loud whisper. Loud enough that someone even looked at us ridiculously.

"Can't you tone down your voice? Why are you even surprised? In case you're still not aware, I am carrying the responsibility of taking human souls and sending them where they should be sent off to. So, I have no choice but to do my job." He hissed.

I turned my attention back to the stage. The lady is now holding an old necklace, a pendant it seems, containing a very old image that was slightly ripped from the edges. It was said to belong to one of the cousins of Aguinaldo. A few people then, began to bid.

I then heard The All Knower coughed and spoke again, "I did attend to some of these events. So, I might have an idea on how these things work."

"Oh. Have you tried participating?"

"I don't waste my time let alone participate on mortal activities!" He said it like he was profound that I even thought of it.

"Geez okay! Chill lang tayo diyan brad!" I said and lightly patted his shoulder. Napakasuplado talaga kahit kelan.

Half an hour has passed, nagsisimula nang mangalay paa ko. I pulled The All Knower's arm for his attention and told him that we should go sit at one of the tables that are nearby the stage into which he agreed.

Nang makaupo na kami, I felt my feet relaxed. I removed my heels and let it relaxed on the cold surface of the floor. Some group of people passed us by and continued to walk near the stage.