Prologue

There once lived two twin princesses named Aurelia and Catia. Aurelia was special. She was gifted with beauty and talents every girl wished to own. She had numerous suitors from the kingdom and neighboring kingdoms as well. Maids from the castle enjoyed working with her. She was loved and adored by everyone. Catia however was beyond special. Catia was beyond extraordinary for the young woman hid a dark secret. A secret that could ruin her perfect life and sadly, it did.

It was a harsh, windy day. It was odd and it put the kingdom to great concern considering their kingdom was a sunny place. It was the twins' eighteenth birthday. They had decided to take a stroll around the village with the guidance of two of their closest maids. They had disguised themselves as villagers and happily walked around with arms locked around each other. As they sauntered, a drunken villager grabbed Aurelia's arm.

"What a lovely girl you are." He slurred. They both flinched as they smelled his breath.

"Thank you, mister." Aurelia replied politely and pulled her arm away. "Now if you would please excuse us, we have to go."

"Hold on darling," the man said grabbing Aurelia's arm once again. "I'm not finished with you yet. I'd like to have some fun before the day ends."

"Please let go of me." Aurelia begged as calmly as she could.

"I'm not going to girl." He leaned in closer. "You are mine now." He grabbed hold of his waist and tried to steer her away.

"Let go of my sister!" Catia exclaimed quickly grabbing hold of her sister's wrist.

"Let go girl." The man hissed.

"No. You let go of my sister." She glared at the man.

"Fine. It seems you want to join us." He licked his lips and snickered. "They do say, the more the merrier."

Aurelia was teary – eyed and shaking. She stared horrified at the drunken man. The statement made Catia furious. She let go of Aurelia. Her eyes turned into a horrifying shade of purple. She felt fire burning in her chest. The wind turned harsher and stronger. The ambience became dark. All source of light vanished. Shadows encircled them. Cackles were heard. All Catia could see was the horrible man who was trying to steal her sister. The shadows stopped and they lunged at the man. Yells were heard and all of them stood frozen and watched as the shadows ripped the man apart. Catia flicked her hand and the shadows moved away. Aurelia's eyes widened as she looked at the bloody mess and spilled innards that rested on the floor. The shadows kneeled before Catia. Catia smiled a sickening smile before looking at her horrified sister. "You're safe now sister." Tears fell down Aurelia's face before she lost consciousness. The maid shrieked and as if Catia woke from a trance, her eyes lit up and she looked around at the mess she created. The shadows disappeared and the wind grew calm. The setting sun was seen on the sky again. As soon as everything clicked in Catia's mind her own screams were heard and she lost consciousness too.

After the horrible incident the maids took both princesses back to the castle and reported everything that had happened to the king and queen. The couple believed that Catia's power was the work of the devil and hid her in the dungeons. They cancelled the ball and locked the castle. They took Aurelia to a sorcerer in order to erase her memory of the incident. They made Aurelia and the whole kingdom believe that Catia had gone missing. A few days later they announced that she was found dead and held a burial to make it all seem real. Aurelia and every royal family member was forbidden to go down the dungeon. Catia was left in her cell to rot. Little did the family know that this had been their biggest mistake. As time passed Catia's fear faded. As time passed, Catia's fear was changed into deep anger and hatred; anger that would end the kingdom.