Welcome Back!

Cuddles and Toothy strolled through the streets together, blabbering out excited nonsense as one of their neighbors and Happy Tree Town resident, Flippy, was coming back after 13 years of military service!
Although neither of them were close with the green bear, their town was small and everybody pretty much knew about each other for as long as they can remember.

In respect, Toothy, Cuddles and others decided to prepare a small 'welcome back' party for Flippy's return!

And there they were, entering the local supermarket to get some things for said small party.
Both agree buying a couple balloons and party poppers should be enough:

Toothy: "i remember.. he liked the color pink, maybe we could get pink balloons"

Cuddles: "well what if he doesn't like pink anymore?"

Toothy: "what? he goes to the military and changes his favorite color? we fuckin' bring i dunno,, brown and grey balloons?? c'mon Cuddles."

Cuddles: "It's been so long! I've certainly changed favorite color ever since high school"

Toothy: "huh? it's not blue anymore?"

Cuddles: "..it's different shade"

Toothy: "man shut up-"

Cuddles laughs as he brings the items over to the cashier where Flaky was working, seeming a bit nervous, per usual:

Flaky: "Hopefully i can get off work a bit early for Flippy's return, haven't seen him ever since high school!"

Toothy: "yeah, none of us have"

Flaky scans the party poppers and very carefully the balloons, keeping them away from their spikes.
Cuddles pays and soon they leave the supermarket, waving goodbye:

Cuddles: "Giggles and Petunia said they were bringing cupcakes! wanna check how the girls are doing?"

Toothy: "dude, you just wanna see Giggles"

Cuddles: "well,, duh she's my girlfriend"

A hopeless romantic.
Cuddles giggles quietly as Toothy doesn't comment much.. he always gets a bit more quiet when it comes to the topic of the pink chipmunk.
Cuddles usually guessed it's just him being salty about them not hanging out as much because of his lover, but wouldn't he be over it by now? it's been months

Anyways, soon enough they arrive at Petunia's, where the girls would be, knocking on the door.
Petunia opens, greeting the boys while rushing back to the kitchen:

Petunia: "don't forget to take your shoes off! there's slippers in the drawer to use"

Germ-phobia... when will the discrimination end??
The boys take off their shoes and put on the slippers before walking over to the kitchen, Petunia is just watching the oven as the cupcakes slowly bake:

Toothy: "doesn't it ring when it's done?"

Petunia: "yeah but what if it won't?"

Toothy: "..what if it will?"

Petunia: "but what if won't?"

Toothy: "what if it-"

Cuddles: "where's Giggles? wasn't she supposed to be helping you?"

Petunia: "she did help but left like approximatelyy.. 20 minutes ago, she said it was to help out Mime"

Toothy: "what?? Have you been counting the minutes???"