404; for some reason, i enjoyed it

George sighed as they waited for Take Me To Hell to arrive. Unlike his bandmates and Evander, he wasn’t happy with the fact that they had to go to the arcade with the others. Tommy was bouncing with excitement as he talked to Wilbur, and George couldn’t help but smile. Their young member adored Dream, and it was kind of adorable.

The doors of the arcade swung open and in walked Take Me To Hell. Lynx stopped at the front desk while the other four walked over to them with a huge grin plastered on each of their faces. George’s eyes betrayed him as his gaze wandered to Dream’s face; the blond was smirking as he stopped in front of them, a glint in his eyes that George didn’t like.

“Hey, sweetheart,” he said, accepting the high five from Tommy, though his eyes never left George.

George scowled. “I said, don’t call me that.”

Dream hummed, the only acknowledgment that he heard.

As Lynx walked over, he handed his four band members cards, saying, “There’s a lot of money on these, so don’t worry about running out.”

Karl looked over his shoulder as he began walking away with Quackity. “Stop spoiling us, we have our own money!”

Then they vanished between the people, laughing with their heads ducked together. Tommy quickly hurried away with Ranboo, Wilbur went off with Technoblade, and before George could even notice, Evander and Lynx had run off, leaving all the others on their own. Of course everyone had paired off.

It was only George and Dream left.

“George,” Dream said, “I get it, you don’t like me, but please, enjoy this? I’ll go off on my own or find the others if you don’t want me here.”

George didn’t expect that. His mouth hung open with an awaiting answer, but his shock caused his voice to stop working momentarily.

Dream’s soft smile flipped into a wicked grin into seconds. “So, you alright on your own, sweetheart? Or would you like to go together?”

George scowled, smacking the hand that was offered. “Fine, I’ll go with you.”

With each passing game and machine, George forced his smile to stay in a frown, but it kept threatening to rise. Dream’s wheezing whenever he teased George about losing a game was the most interesting laugh he’s ever heard, and his cheers were so genuine. George had to keep reminding himself that this was the man he held his forever grudge against.

After about an hour, they spotted a claw machine. Dream’s smile was childish as he subconsciously gripped George’s wrist, dragging him. “We are definitely doing this!”

George attempted to hold his ground, but Dream’s strength was better than his, so the brunet was forced to drag behind him. “Dream, these are rigged as fuck. You’re going to waste all the money on your card.”

Dream simply shrugged. “Yeah, well, I’ve won stuff before from claw machines, so maybe I’ll get lucky again.”

George sighed, rolling his eyes. He quickly yanked his arm away when he realized that Dream was still holding on. “Fine, whatever, try.”

Grudge.

Remember.

Dream scanned the toys behind the glass, head tilted like a puppy. “Which one?”

Sighing again through his nose heavily, George looked into the pile of toys. He thought for a moment.

“That one,” George said. A blue cat with white goggles. Now that George continued to stare at it, he realized he kind of liked the toy himself.

Dream smiled and said, “Okay!”

It took him seven tries. Each and every time he grabbed it, but it just kept on slipping out. Finally, on the seventh try, the cat fell into the chute and Dream grabbed it excitedly. To George’s surprise, he turned to the brunet.

“You want it?” Dream asked. After a moment of silence, he continued with a fumble, “Well, considering you’re the one who chose it, I assumed you liked it.”

George forced his smile to stay down as he took it from Dream’s hands. “Uh… sure, why not.”

Before either of them could break the awkward tension, Ranboo and Tommy ran up to them. “There’s a laser tag arena! C’mon, we’re all going to play.”

Dream agreed quickly, and having no better choice, George followed. The two younger boys before them were excited as they led the two singers to the arena.

Once the four of them arrived, Wilbur spoke up, “‘Kay, for teams, how about we do; Dream, Tommy, Ranboo, Lynx, and me. Then for the other, we do, Quackity, Karl, Evander, George, and Techno. Sounds good?”

Everyone agreed with excited murmurs.

George hated the fact that he was excited to play.

And he especially hated the fact that so far, this was a very enjoyable trip.