Idañnykeā

'*•

'*•.¸♡ playlist ♡¸.•*'

[darkness at the heart of my love - ghost]

[the archer - taylor swift]

[the exit - conan grey]

[ceilings - lizzy mcalpine]

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

118 AC
Driftmark, Blackwater Bay

Vanora decides she hates weddings. This is the first one she's gone to, but she never wants to attend one again.

She'd been woken at the break of dawn by maids explaining they'd been sent by her father to help prepare her for the ceremony. Vanora allowed them to dress her in the outfit Daemon chose, a pale blue gown with long sheer sleeves.

But when the maids tried to braid her hair, she protested, "Helaena will do my hair," Vanora only trusted her cousin to do it properly. The maids had glanced at each other, looking uneasy. They weren't sure if it would be allowed, fearing Daemon's ire.

They relented when Helaena confirmed her words, "I will be the one to do her hair," as they know Daemon can't get angry at the young princess like he could with them. Helaena had been dressed before Vanora, in a mint gown with puffy sleeves, hair done up in a braided updo.

Once they're both presentable, they wander down to the dining room where everyone is breaking fast. Vanora goes to give her father a kiss on the cheek, "Good morrow father," and takes the seat beside him.

Everyone is chattering happily, excited for the upcoming nuptials.

At one point, Aemond walks in, dressed in a black tunic with dark green trim. He makes eye contact with Vanora, giving her a knowing smile. Vanora feels a bubble of excitement. This her first time sharing a secret with someone.

After breakfast, everyone heads out to the beach where the ceremony is to immediately take place. They all gather in front of the soon to be wed couple.

"We stand here in the sight of gods and men to witness the union of man and wife. One flesh, one heart, one soul, now and forever..." begins the man overseeing the ceremony and Vanora is immediately bored.

He drones on and on for what felt like forever and Vanora is growing impatient. She feels her legs starting to fall asleep. When would this be over?

Vanora begins shifting restlessly and Rhaenyra squeezes her shoulder in warning. When the ceremony looks like it's coming to a close, Vanora nearly cheers, "With this kiss, I pledge my love," says Daemon before he leans in to kiss Laena.