Return to King's Landing

128 ACDragonstone, Blackwater Bay

128 AC
Dragonstone, Blackwater Bay

They're set to depart for King's Landing in a couple hours and Vanora is almost embarrassed by her obvious excitement. She's been flitting about the castle with a huge grin all morning.

Humming to herself, Vanora approaches Cannibal with a sack of apples in her hand, a peace offering for the news she's about to deliver. He perks up as soon as he catches her scent, tail swishing back and forth - his way of showing excitement.

Vanora throws an apple into his waiting mouth, "Nyke daor sōvegon rūsīr ao tubī," she says before throwing another apple towards him. This time, he lets it drop to the ground and Vanora watches as it rolls away.

She knew he was going to be upset about not being able to fly with him for the trip to the capital, but Vanora wasn't prepared for the wave of intense emotions she's suddenly feeling through their bond.

"It wasn't my decision! Father and Stepmother said we need to arrive together. Something about a united front," grumbles Vanora, still not understanding why it was necessary.

Cannibal huffs and turns his head away when she tries petting his snout, "You're still coming with us! You just have to fly alongside the other dragons. Won't that be exciting?"

He finally turns his head but only to bare his teeth at her and Vanora rolls her eyes, "You can befriend them."

The dragon just stares at her with blank eyes and what she thinks is a disbelieving expression, "You're right...I'm expecting too much. Why don't we start with you not eating them?"

She holds her hand out with an apple resting in the palm of her hand - another attempt at bribery. Cannibal eyes it for a long moment before gently grabbing it with his front teeth.

Beaming, Vanora hugs his snout and showers him with praise. He grumbles in warning but doesn't shove her away.

"Kirimvose," she says fondly before emptying the sack, apples spilling to the ground. This way, it would be easier for him to eat.

Vanora spends some time watching him munch happily on the fruit until she remembers there's one last thing she needs to do before they leave for King's Landing.

Muttering a quick farewell to Cannibal who pays her no mind, she rushes back to the castle and towards the library.

Glancing around, she makes sure no one is around before making her way inside. Vanora walks to the shelf in a secluded corner and grabs the book she stashed behind it. Brushing the dust off, she eyes the red leather-bound book again, like she has been every day since she found out they were leaving, 'Origins of Fourteen Flames '.

A couple years ago, her and Father went on a trip to town and Vanora had spotted it amongst one of the shelves at a small bookshop. She had begged him to buy it for her, knowing Aemond would love it. She'd been so excited to gift it to him, but now that it was real, Vanora felt nervous. What if he didn't like it?