Distortion: Story One: Harleen

Prologue:

Harley Quinn and the Joker began to set up the massive bomb, working silently. Neither villain noticed the shadow swiftly descending on them until It was too late...

Chapter One:

Harley was walking through a strange place filled with images and words floating through the air, clouds drifting lazily through the light pink sky.

"Where am I?" Her words echoed through the infinite space. A voice rang out in her head, one she didn't recognize.

"This is your mind, Harley..." She walked around, curious, and looked more closely at the images.

"What are these?" One of the Joker beating her, one of them where she was sitting alone in a cellar, crying, one of a giant shadow looming over her.

"These are your memories," The voice responded.

"Where are my good memories?" The voice seemed to hesitate a moment before speaking.

"I'm sorry, Harley. You have none." Harley sat down on a light blue cloud.

"Where am I really? In real life, I mean." The air in front of her rippled for a moment and swiftly changed into one large image. She saw herself, lying asleep on a cot in an abandoned apartment. She was covered in scratches and bruises. Standing over her was the Joker, wrapping a bandage around her arm.

"Puddin'," She whispered, reaching out. The image disappeared. Harley thought for a moment. "Wake me up," she demanded.

"No." Harley sighed, then said,

"Wake me up, RIGHT NOW, or... or..." She was going to threaten it, whatever it was, but it's not like she could threaten her own inner consciousness.

"Or what? If you wake up now, you will remember nothing."

"I don't care. Now wake me up."

"As you wish... Just remember that whatever comes next, you asked for it." Suddenly Harley found herself wrenched out of the dream world. A figure slowly came into view. Harley yelped and jumped out of the cot, staring straight at the strange man's face. It was covered in dramatic clown makeup, while his hair was a startling bright green. He wore a purple pinstriped suit and fancy black shoes.

"Harley? You're awake! It's been almost a week." Harley stepped back, terrified.

"H-how do know my name? Who are you?" Suddenly the man looked as if he'd taken a punch to the gut.

"You- Harley, how could you not remember m-" Before he could finish his sentence, Harley kicked him hard in the stomach and fled. She sprinted for as long as she could. Finally, the events of the day soaked in, and Harley fell to her knees and cried.

The photo at the top is her outfit, btw. anyway, I hope you've enjoyed the first chapter of the first story. Yes, I will do requests! Marvel & DC characters both work, and anything else too. Some of these will be my own original characters (From my comics, that I am making).