2 ~ Aiden

*Please note that Aiden or Brown may use the words 'we' or 'our' to describe a physical occurrence of theirs as technically they are one*

"It's too early for this." My wolf Brown murmurs, his voice fills my head and blocks the noise from the engine of my car. He's right, it is too early, it's bloody 4:45 AM. Unfortunately when meeting with the elders it is always arranged at the brisk of dawn, with their old age comes tradition and early hours are effort and effort is honourable. 

I switch gears and speed down the driveway, it's been a month since the last meeting. It's crucial as King to calm the elder's nerves, let them know traditional laws are still in motion. Plus I can get advice if needed because of their experience. I ease the brakes whilst transitioning to the open road, I'm already dreading the way back home. It would be awfully difficult if I and the pack, literal wolves, lived so close to humans. I maintain a property by the town, a garage full of cars. When I or pack members need to travel the human way we travel by foot to the garage, it takes about two hours to get here from our legitimate territory. From here on we enter publicity, to not make our location known, as far as the government is concerned, Clark's reserve is a dead end. Strictly given up to the wilderness of nature, I chuckle at the situation.

Parking within a lone parking bay behind the back of the shops, I glance to the left and smile when I see a limo, shining in the first lights of day parked a few metres away. The elders would have travelled together, in one car, of course. 

"Wipe that grin off our face Aiden. Fancy limos don't blend well with morning traffic." Brown growls, Idiots, I think. I'll have to mention this during breakfast. With a beep and chirp of my ute I step up on the pavement and make my way to the designated cafe. As I walk my stomach does flips, unusual sweat rolls down my brow, I wipe it with even more sweaty palms. There's a pep in my step that I'm not sure how came about, I can't be this excited for a meeting, I never am. 

"Brown I feel weird." I whisper, allowing nervousness to settle among me when he doesn't reply. Deep down and very deep down I ponder the possibility of my mate nearby, logically and realistically it cannot be true. No wolf, even a visiting wolf would near my borders without permission. Secondly, I'm 21 years old, I've been ruling since my Father passed. I ascended into kingship when I was nearly 15, being a king so young meant the chances of finding my mate were naturally heightened. An alpha leads best with a luna, and I the literal leader of my species in its entirety, it was detrimental to find my other half. Except not anymore, it's been five years. If I had a mate, a living one, I would have found her by now. 

Thirdly, and quite unspeakably, if my mate were to be human then maybe, just maybe this would justify the situation, yet this is so rare I cannot dare to even consider it. I decrease my pace, alike many  times prior. The sadness of my reality is what the elders worry about, what my Beta worries about, what I worry about. To rule and live alone for the rest of my existence, it's unheard of. I could die of a broken heart. I stare at the ground, I do not wish to be fixated on anything else, I want to convey how I feel; in despair. I notice the smooth cement transitioning into an older one, which tells me I'm nearing the cafe, one more block.

Quitting the ground gazing and taking a deep breath, I inhale, my lungs expanding completely, until it hits me. A scent, one that sends large amounts of energy running up my legs. I change directions facing my back to the cafe I am supposed to be walking towards. I feel Brown's body moving within me, our senses combined holds incredible power no human could comprehend. It smells like, no, she smells like pine trees, as if she spent the night sleeping in one. I'm not walking, I'm racing down the street, I make a sharp turn and surprisingly slam into the person who's been filling my nose with bliss. Her knees buckle, I instinctively snake my arms around her waist which sends her flying into my chest. The fall would have probably hurt less. Brown is howling, he's at the surface ready to shift, every particle of ours screams with a fire of pure pleasure.