𝟢𝟥 | 𝖮𝗅𝖽 𝖳𝗂𝗆𝖾'𝗌 𝖲𝖺𝗄𝖾

❝𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚘 𝚐𝚘𝚍 𝚍𝚊𝚖𝚗 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚎

❝𝚃𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚘 𝚐𝚘𝚍 𝚍𝚊𝚖𝚗 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚎.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Out of all the days that he could have come to visit his mother, why did he choose today?

Maybe I should have gone home, so I wouldn't have had to run into him.

Then again, if I did go back to the mansion, that would mean that Venus wouldn't have met Nova who may or may not turn out to be the love of my sister's life.

"Kian," I said, instantly and took another step back.

"Asteria." He grins, giving me a once-over. "Long time no see. How have you been?"

Kian Sloan.

Claire's son.

And my old fuck buddy.

We met when we were really young because his mother, Claire, would bring him to work when his grandmother couldn't watch him. My mamá would bring me too so that Kian had someone to play with throughout the day. As we grew up, so did our friendship. The older we got, the more attracted we became to each other. Which, inevitably, led to us sleeping together for the first time. Then it happened again and again and again.

Until we agreed to settle on a friends-with-benefits relationship.

Of course, we kept it a secret from our mothers because I don't think they would approve. My sister, however, knew about it the entire time because I brought it up by accident. Luckily, it's a promise that she would take to the grave. It's a good thing too because if my papá found out about my and Kian's little arrangement, he would've been put a bounty on his head.

Which wouldn't have been good for either of us.

We broke it off a few months before I turned twenty. Or at least I thought we did. I went on a girl's trip to Las Vegas with Alessandra, my best friend, and we went to a club with the intention to go home with a guy.