𝟤𝟧 | 𝖬𝗂𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗂

❝𝚂𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚖 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚛𝚝

❝𝚂𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚖 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚛𝚝.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

One thing to know about Asteria Blair Morales is that she doesn't take no for an answer

And she'll stop at nothing until she gets what she wants.

For the last half hour, she has been locked in Valentino's office, trying to convince him to let me take a week off so I can go to Brazil. I would've done it myself, but she beat me to it. Which leaves me with no other choice but to wait outside while she goes back and forth with Valentino.

I have almost nodded off a couple of times because I'm getting tired of waiting. The only thing that has kept me from doing so is hearing Asteria get frustrated because Valentino keeps turning down the request to give me time off.

"Papá, come on!" Asteria says. "Did you not hear the part where I said that Christian's sister's birthday is coming up? Who he hasn't seen since he went home for Christmas! That's–what–almost two months. Two months since he has seen his family . . . the only family he has left for the matter."

"Angelita," Valentino begins. "I understand where you're coming from but it's not possible. Not when you leave the mansion every day. You need to have a guard with you at all times because our enemy won't hesitate to attack if and when they see that you're alone."

"You didn't say anything when Christian left for a week in November and Christmas."

"That is because I knew you wouldn't be leaving the mansion. Asteria, have you become fond of Christian? Is that why you interrupted my meeting with your Uncle Marcus?"

She scoffs. "Don't play dumb with me, papá. You and Uncle Marcus were planning your next double date with Mamá and Aunt Angelina. But to answer your question . . . yes, I kind of have grown fond of Christian. I didn't have a choice but to befriend him when you assigned him as my bodyguard back in October. And honestly? He's not that bad."