𝟥𝟧 | 𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗈𝗍𝗂𝖼 𝖧𝗎𝗆𝖺𝗇 𝖡𝖾𝗂𝗇𝗀

❝𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚞𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕

❝𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚞𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚔, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Awkward.

That's how I would describe the current situation I'm in.

Ares and I finished washing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen a while ago. Awkward silence has been filling the air since our girlfriends locked themselves in one of the rooms. Neither Ares nor I have spoken a word to each other.

We're simply on our phones, waiting for either of our girlfriends to come back so the silence can stop.

Unfortunately, they take too long and I get bored of waiting so I decide to make conversation with Milani's boyfriend. We haven't acknowledged each other since I arrived and I'm pretty I know why.

I sigh and place my phone down on the counter and glance at Ares. I'm willing to guess he senses that I'm staring at him because he does a double-take when he looks at me.

He frowns. "What?"

"Nothing," I say. "I'm just trying to figure out if you're going to be breaking Milani's heart in the near future." It's how every single one of her relationships ended. It's why she stopped looking for love and focused on work alone. Every man she got with, they were only with her because she makes a lot of money.

Even though Milani annoys the hell out of me, I still became protective of her and the men she dates for that exact reason.

"Break her heart?" Ares questions with a scoff. "Is that seriously what you think of me?" He continues when I don't answer. "Fine. Ask me what you want to know."

"What are your attentions with Alina?"

"They are plain and simple. To love her," he answers. "I want nothing more than to love her because she's it for me." He tilts his head. "That and to fuck the attitude out of her whenever she gives it to me."