Chapter VI : The discussion before the storm

Hello everyone I am! I have a hard time writing these days and a lots of work for uni as well. Exams and revision is my favorite time of the year thought. Anyways enjoy this chapter! 9 months to go before the movie. Have a good reading! 

______ 

Once in Finland in Helsinki, the three agents have to wait for their mission to be validated by the Mission Impossible Force and the CIA. It is an operation that puts the inter-agency links of many countries at risk. As well as some individuals like the White Widow who works for them but unofficially. Both agencies have accepted Ethan Hunt's return with relief, especially after the various terrorist attacks that have hit the US and Europe.  

A few hours after their arrive Luther receives a message from Ethan telling them of the time and the  place of the meeting. 

- We have to go to the station, it's not far from where we are. 

- Why do they choose this place it's full of people ? Ask Benji. 

- Every person attending this meeting will be an undercover person, not to mention the apostles who are still out there. A public place full of people from all over Europe puts pressure on the leaders and the undercover agents. Nobody wants another attack. Answer Luther. 

- Don't worry Benji, no one will get hurt. They are using the train and the Widow as an chance to trap the Americans and force the agents to show their position. Nobody wants this to end badly. Say Ilsa. 

The White Widow remains under her true identity. Many people know her because of her influence with her money as a charity and her mother's reputation. Her brother and Hunt will accompany her in a protective capacity.

Ethan knows that people much more dangerous and influential than Alanna would be on the train, with the sole purpose of buying an object of great value.Ethan is worried and frustrated that he doesn't know more about the current situation. Why is an object so coveted? And why is it popping up now? And how those attacks are connected to the object ? 

Once on the train, Ethan was very apprehensive about the meeting. They all lacked information and didn't know who or what to believe. What Alanna had said the other night or what Ilsa had said. He had never asked her about her past. Her story was a mystery to him. Today, he felt like a fool for not pushing, even a little, to find out more.

On his side, Benji is preparing for the mission, worried about what could happen. Luther and Ilsa in the middle of a conversation.

- Do you have any other information about this key? Ask Luther.

- If I have more information about it, I would have told you, Luther. I've always had this key. I grow up in an orphanage, I don't know anyone in my family. I searched, believe me, but all I found were deaths, murders and massacres. I couldn't find anything else about it. Ilsa replies.

-Benji and I heard about it a few months ago. An important object was stolen from a bank in Switzerland. Then sold on the Dark Web. No information on the customer of the stolen bank account. Were you the person who had the bank account ?

- Good question Luther. I have several of my own on that subject.

A familiar voice that echoed in the wagon where Ilsa and Luther were. 

- Hello to you too. 

Ilsa reply. 

- Ethan, where have you been? I've lost your tracker signal last night, are you okay ? 

 Ask Luther to calm the tension that was floating around the wagon.

- I'm fine Luther, don't worry for me. This situation seems like deja vu. Whisper Ethan mostly for himself.

- Deja vu uh ? Is this about the song or this stupid mission ? 

- Ilsa you can understand that we don't have enough information about the situation here and it is not a choke. You never told me anything 'bout your past and I respect, never asked for four years. But today we are here in this mess because of you so stop to pretending you nothing about the bank account. I have made my research on my own and I know MI6 has something to do with this, right ?

Ilsa doesn't like the tone which Ethan use to spoke at the moment. She doesn't know recognize is the man in front her.

- I ask you a question.

- And I heard you. I might choose to ignore you. Ilsa reply 

- Ethan it is might not the correct place for this. 

-  There's no Ethan, Luther. You know I'm right about this. You have to tell us something Ilsa. We're to help you. That you want it or not. 

- It doesn't concern Americans neither British or elsewhere security national countries. And the bank account is not me. The key has been stolen from me when I was 18.

-You know, I can't even tell if you're lying or not. When it comes to your past. Ethan response angry.

- It doesn't matter that you believe in or not. But it is the truth. And you are mad because you always want to be part of everything but this isn't concern you trust me.

- You can admit that all of this doesn't make sense Ilsa. Reply 

Luther.  Ilsa smile sadly.

- And you want us to believe that you know nothing about the key ? How you got it ? And just put something in a bank no knowing what it is and the value of it ? I thought you were more smarter if it's the case. Benji what do you think ?

- I prefer to stay out of this please. Ilsa's have her reason Ethan.

- You choose to believe her Benji ?

- Yes because she is my friend. And I thought we respect each other past ? Benji answer agrisevely.

- We respect each others past but it has to be shared when the world is in danger! 

- Ethan, it is not about the world security it is much deeper than that. I don't trust anyone about this and the way you react now I don't want to see much after you'll know more about. And if you keep this attitude that you have since yesterday I'm gonna do it my way and it won't end well pretty. Is it clear ? 

- Crystal clear.  I need to go. See you guys later. 

Before Ethan left the wagon Ilsa try to calm down the situation. 

- Don't be mad Ethan. I'm only trying to protect you. Every person who has been the heir of the key finished badly.  

- It won't happen to you, I promise. 

Ilsa look at him with tenderness in her eyes and Ethan feels warm for a moment like if she was close to him. He knew she was sorry for the less information and he smile at her. After what felt like an eternity Benji open up. 

- Are we still a team at least ? 

- We are a team Benji. I promise you. I'm sorry for earlier.  

- It's fine but sometimes you act like Sloane, I swear. 

Ethan almost laugh at this one and he with a last head sign of his team, he left the wagon to go the rendez vous. 

The atmosphere in the wagon starts lighten a bit. When a sound makes jump the three agents. 

- The cameras and sounds are ready. Sorry guys. 

The cameras positioned in his suit jacked.  

- Luther do you see the man with the Widow in my left ? 

- Yes it's... It's not possible he's dead. 

- Why ? Who is this man ? Ilsa and Benji ask. 

- Ethan Hunt and in person. You grow up kid. I know a lot of questions comes to your mind at the moment but come and take a place. We have 20 years to catch up on, am I right ? 

- You both knows the buyer ? Ilsa demand.

- Yes. he's name is Jim. Jim Phelps. 

______

To be honest I have no idea where I am going. I need a new trailer or something. 
Hope you like it still!