Carrie

"Where am I?" I gasped as I slowly opened my eyes, light flooding in, almost blinding me.

"Oh my god! Carrie! You're awake!" I heard someone exclaim.

I squinted as I saw Lana's fuzzy face appear in front of me. But, suddenly feeling drowsy, I let my head thud against a pillow as I fell back into sleep.

It was probably hours later that I woke up again, and this time I heard my parents' worried voices.

"Oh, thank God she's ok!"

Then I heard tearful sobbing. I felt hugs embracing me from all directions,

"Everyone, please leave the patient to rest," I heard the nurse warn.

Hearing the door close and lights dim, I finally got to take in my surroundings. The white walls and smell of medicine and alcohol made me realize that I was in a hospital. Suddenly, I remembered what had happened, I had drowned and someone saved me.

Surprisingly, I felt warm tears roll down my cheeks as I thought about the horrible experience of blacking out, lifeless.

Then, I noticed the nurse staring at me worriedly.

"I think I'm fine now," I reassured her as I tried to climb out of the bed.

Running to stop me the nurse said,

"Please,rest for a while,"

"Oh....but can you at least tell Lana and Steve to come in?" I requested politely.

"Yes,"

Soon, the door opened and I saw Lana's pale face peek in.

"Where's Steve?" I asked.

Shifting her feet uncomfortable Lana replied that he's not here. Feeling hurt, I thought that Steve would be here to check if I was feeling well.

I had a chat with Lana, and she left the room a while later as my parents came in. Following them was Derek.

Huh? That's weird, why is Derek here? I mean, he's Steve's buddy, and if he's here, Steve should be here......Or did he never really care? Was it just a fling to him?

But, I waved these thoughts away, and waved to Derek.