A cold walk..not home..

I was sweating by the time the number was over,backstage propped up against Lori,I heaved through my chest."Where's my phone?"I asked,patting through the frill pockets on my skirt."Didn't you leave it with the Boogie man?"Lori asked as I plopped onto the floor.I groaned,remembering she was right."I heard my name?"Geoff said,walking over to us.I looked up at him,past the curtain of my sweaty hair."I left my phone with you..I need it back."I smiled sheepishly,hiding behind Lori's legs."Oh!I kinda left it in my dressing room,If you don't mind,I can go get it real quick?"I nodded and watched Geoff,In the Boogie man onesie,Run from us.I giggled,covering my black lipped smile."Someone's crushing.."Lori snorted,fixing her mascara."I am not, he's just sweet."I rolled my eyes.She hummed sceptically,setting her make-Up aside,walking into the backstage bathroom with her clothes.Geoff came back and handed me my phone,sitting beside me on the floor."Hey."I smiled."Hey."He ruffled my already messy hair."Your performance was amazing,I just have to wonder if you still have a spine."I laughed,leaning forward slightly."Yea,I'm pretty flexible."

Later that night,I waited by the bus stop, occupying myself on my phone so the people around me would leave me alone.This one guy in particular almost breathing down my neck.I decided I just walk instead of waiting.I tucked my phone into my pocket and began walking.My thin hoodie not doing much to keep me warm.I threw up my hood and plugged my headphones in,turning my music all the way up.Ignoring all of the stares id earned from everyone around me,watching me walk home.
I looked to my side,seeing someone tall and tan beside me.I uncovered one of my ears,recognizing my cast mate."Hello Layne."I greeted politely.He looked down at me and smiled."Hey,how are you?"I asked,taking out one ear bud."Listen,it's dark and it's cold,and you've got like,five guys on your tail,I'd feel bad if I didn't you'd make it ok,please let me take you to my place,just for the night."I glanced over my shoulder,just as a confirmation,and he was right.Even the guy who was breathing down my neck."Please."He begged,the gentle look in his brown eyes some how assured my safety,even if he was just a cast mate.I sighed and nodded."Now just play along."His arm setteked around my waist,pulling me into hsi side,he kissed my temple and pulled me along to the side of the road where he was parked."Don't walk off on me like that again,baby."He opened the passenger door for me."Sorry,I just needed a breather."He shut the door and slid into the other side.I saw the group of guys stop for a split second,staring at me,then keep walking."I wouldn't do this if I didn't see you,but I could only hope my friend would be ok."He gently smiled,putting the car Into drive."That k you Layne, Honestly."I put my hand on top of hsi on the stick shift,and let it rest there,he didn't seem uncomfortable nor did he ask em to move it.

We got to his house,and there was Geoff,Earl,Eli and J.All waiting for us,or rather him."Adelia,hey."Geoff smiled softly.I waved,hiding my face."Follow me,I have a spare charger if you need it."I followed Layne down the hall into the guest bedroom he showed me to and let me get comfortable for a few minutes."Layne,why is she here,what happened?"I heard J asked down the hall,I stood in the door way and listened."There was a group of guys following her,what was I supposed to do,she's our cast amte and friend,what if soemthign were to happen to her?"Layne suggested,and the slight jingle of hsi keys,him hanging them up."He has a point,Adelias our friend."Geoff spoke,he sounded firm,almost accusing.
I walked out,standing in the hallway,unsure of what to do."Have you eaten.?"Layne asked me,walking into his kitchen.I followed him."Um..no,not since I woke up earlier."He pulled me into a hug,patting my head."You gotta take care of yourself girly."He let me go and opened the fridge,looking at left overs."What do you like?"He listed everything he had and only the spaghetti he suggested sounded good.He nodded and put a bowl in the microwave for me.I hadn't noticed when Geoff walked in from hsi silently he walked.