goodmorning!

I woke groggy, the morning dull.
I rubbed my eyes, yawning as I walked out of the room I slept in, the over sized T-shirt flowy on me. "Good morning. " J smiled, walking past me in the hall. "Morning." I mumbled. He chuckles, patting my head, and sending me along. I walked out into the living room, sitting on the floor by the couch. "Good morning. " Layne laughed, prodding at my hair. "Don't, don't.. " I bobbed my head away from him. "It'll only make it worse. "
We had more rehearsal later that day, for the extra show that,the show had lasted for a week, familiar faces of children and exhausted parents had stood in the crowd, and I and felt in my element.
Through the music and sweat, from each dip and twirl, each push across the stage, each back flip over to Lori.
Had splintered through me,rang loud in my veins and my heartbeat thundered in my ears.
Lori had clapped for me after each performance, cheering me on and giggling with me. And even as adults we had a sleep over.
"Last performance for the week, how do you feel? " She asked, fixing a smudge in my make up. "I love this, but I'm tired, my muscles could use a rest. " I laughed. Eli smiled, coming to take my hand and spun out on the stage with me as the song had begun. Each beat of voice had me from person to person, dipped in Laynes arms, pushed up against Earls back, flipped over to Lori, and dipped by Geoff at the end, his hands tender in my back as I leaned back to face the crowd, the familiar cheers, the kids excited little screams. The lights dimmed, then went out, and Geoff straightened me. "You did amazing. " He smiled, spinning me once more as we headed backstage. "Thank you, you were as well, Mr. Boogie man." He laughed, his pointy teeth gleaming in the dim lights. Lori began clapping pulling me away from Geoff, a bright smile on her whitened face. "How are you amazing every night girl? " She asked, leading us back to our dressing room, readying the make up wipes. "Work, and talent." I shrugged, as if it were no big deal.
Though the years of endurance behind me, she knew, I knew, no one else it rusted like this, like her, my sister in so many ways.
"Hey, your aunt was an ass, you don't have to worry about all that anymore. " I sighed nodding, she was right, I knew she was right.
But letting go of things had never been an easy task for me, grudges and pain staking mistakes that had earned me scars and bruises.