Athletes Are Just Trouble

Lexi

Cory and I are getting really serious now. We've been talking every night for the past month on the phone for hours and hours talking about nothing in every way possible. He's everything I have ever wanted in a guy. He's sexy, wealthy, ambitious, sensitive, and caring. I think I'm falling for him. My friends haven't seen him since the night he and I met. So I've invited them to all come over. Cory's friends are coming too. Maybe they'll like them and we can all be in love! I smile at the thought of all of us having one huge wedding. Before I can finish my day dream of getting married in the same wedding as my best friends, a hard, fast knock touches my door. I run to it and open it. Behind it is my sexy love interest and his equally sexy friends. "Hey baby", he said as he walked inside with his "bros". He gave me the biggest hug with the tighest grip on my lower back. I close my eyes and take in his scent. "Y'all whipped," humorously exclaimed Eric. I rolled my eyes and took the nacho dip out the microwave. As I bent down to get the bags of chips, Cory slapped my ass and held it for a second. I looked at him and bit my lip. "What the fuck is up, bitches!" I knew that was Candice being ratchet. I went over to her and hugged her. Adriana was texting someone so I knocked her phone out of her hand. She looked at me like she was about to hit me. We both laughed and hugged one another. I introduced my girls to my baby and his friends. Then I saw Adriana and Eric make eye contact. I sensed more tension than attraction.

Adriana

Ugh! It's that arrogant asshole athlete. I rolled my eyes as soon as he made eye contact with me. I picked my phone up from the ground and sat as far across the room from him as possible. I HATE athletes. They all think every woman wants them just because they can run down a field with a ball in their hands or dribble a ball up the court. The attention from "fans" fills their heads with unnecessary arrogance which leads to their ignorance of true romance. I will never date an athlete especially a black football player or basketball player. I don't care what anyone says. I try to stop thinking of how stupid male athletes are and enjoy myself. I started eating chips and talking to everyone except Eric. I walked to the microwave to heat up more dip, the asshole follows me. "Can I help you?" I asked as rude as possible. "Why all black women got this attitude? A nigga ain't even did shit to you. Y'all just need some good d*ck." I was shocked at how f*cking stupid he is. I poured the hot cheese on his shoes and yelled, "Your mom should have swallowed you along with the rest of the kids in her mouth!" Then the b*tch wanted to get mad and yell back at me. I don't know how long we were going back and forth before Cory stepped in. "Yo what's going on?" Cory asked. I didn't even want to answer or be in that BOY'S presence. I just walked out and slammed the door hard as possible. Of course my "friends" didn't come after me. F*ck them too.

Eric

"Bro. What happened?" I heard Cory talking to me, but I was too mad to even say anything back. I walked to the bathroom to clean my shit up and he followed. He asked the same question again. I knew he wouldn't shut the f*ck up so I replied, "That b*tch got anger issues. I ain't did shit to her and she got a motherf*ckin attitude." Cory laughed but I ain't see sh*t funny. I continued to clean up my shoes. "She fine though, ain't it?" I could have smacked him for asking me that sh*t. I couldn't deny it though. Even though she's a damn b*tch, she is fine as f*ck. Cory knows my taste so I didn't have to even answer it. "Yo Lexi told me she was raped in high school. She said it was by some basketball player. Maybe she just mad at that and taking it out on any man she sees." When Cory told me that, my whole perspective changed. He touched my shoulder and shook his head and laughed. When he walked out, I just found myself thinking of her. If I could show her every man won't hurt her like that then she'd stop with the b*tching. I know she's clutch material without that attitude. Challenge accepted.