𝐯𝐢. (𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐚𝐧) 𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞

ANDY POV

ANDY NEVER THOUGHT THAT she was ever naive enough to have 'a crush.'

I've saved Olympus! I've participated in a war, gone on 4 quests, and still can't hold back feelings for a stupid guy that I've known for one day? Eros, Cupid, Aphrodite, or whoever the hades, please cut it out? But Andy's heart felt like a thousand flying keys were fluttering in her stomach. 

Jason smiled at her. "So what's it like being a daughter of Hermes? I mean, he's really important, right?"

Andy's gave him a lopsided grin. "Well, I have 'quantokinesis', which in fancy terms means I can run really fast and," she gave him her best British accent, "the ability to manipulate myself on the molecular level, but don't underestimate my pranking abilities either."

Jason laughed. "So, you're like the Flash? DC superhero, savior of the world, fastest human alive?"

"Fastest human alive? No, I'm the fastest demigod alive. Yeah, I could beat Usain Bolt in a heartbeat. Anyway, don't tease me about being a DC superhero, blond Superman. I know you can fly."

Jason turned a bright shade of pink, possibly matching Andy's face. "So... do you remember anything about where you came from? Or your claiming?"

He shook his head. "Nope. If I did, I guess I would tell. But I know I'm just not supposed to be here. Here is... dangerous."

Suddenly, Will sprinted towards Andy, panting. "Andy-pants! The Erymanthian Boar is outside and there are three demigods being chased!"

Andy sprung up from her position. "Where the Hades is their protector?"

"Steve passed out, and he's over the border, somehow. But can you go get them?"

"I can't beat it alone, I'm not Heracles!"

Jason flipped his imperial gold coin, and a lance morphed from it. Butterflies... butterflies. Winged keys and butterflies.

Andy smirked at him. "You sure you can keep up with me?" She sprinted outside the camp and twisted Kopis, named after her favorite Ancient Greek weapon. She attempted to sprint again, instinctively, but was only able to run normally.

Some blessing this is, she thought. She had co-commanded the Greek forces with her adoptive brother, (his biological cousin), Percy Jackson at the Battle of Manhattan, and as a gift, (without asking, of course), her father had granted her a blessing to manipulate the speed she could run at, but only without a weapon drawn. Great for the Olympics, not great for battle. The only person who convinced her that her that it was a good power was Percy, telling her that she wasn't a fan of hand to hand combat, so this could only mean good.

Focus Andy, focus. 

The campers had almost gotten to the camp, but the boar was fast. It ran at the lagging camper and was about to crush it under its giant hooves, but not if she could do anything about it. She ran behind the boar and tugged it's tail. "Hey... tusk face?" Percy had always been the trash talker in her quests. Her heart pined for her cousin back.

The boar charged at her, and in her minute of vulnerability, grazed her stomach with its razor sharp teeth. "Skata!" She cursed. She doubled over in pain. It hadn't been a graze, the tusk at almost gone completely through her stomach. How had she not seen this coming? Stupid super speed, she thought always draining my energy.

It soon ran towards her again, but Andy wouldn't let the boar get away. She twisted her ring, and a bow and quiver morphed out of it. She shot the boar in the hide and doubled over in pain.

"Stupid... invincible... hide..." she grit her teeth. She sheathed Kopis in her harness and pushed herself off their ground. By now, Jason had come and goaded the boar.

"We can't kill it, Superman! Even Hercules couldn't, we have to tie it up and like, throw it away!"

The son of Zeus grinned and said, "Ok, we'll do that, then— Aella! Are you ok?" He rushed to her side and screamed the healers name. In that time, the boar ran away.

"Jason, I have to get the boar and tie it up... I can't just leave it!" She shuddered. 

"Shuddup, Andy. WILL, GET OVER HERE, PLEASE! AELLA'S BEING ANNOYING!"

"ANDROMEDA JACKSON!" Will sprinted to her. "What have I told you about over doing the super speed thing? You can't use it unless people are in dire danger, with no other option! And what are we going to do with a giant boar?"

Aella groaned. She had never felt pain like this before. "Would I- still be able to go on the quest, Will?"

He scrambled over her, tying gauze around her waist. "Not if you're dead! I mean, you're the best option Jason has right now, so you probably still will go, no matter what I say." He cursed under his breath.

"Will, is it bad?" Jason asked, as he shifted uncomfortably. Did he want to leave? Was he staying here out of courtesy? Aella's mind barraged with notions that he wouldn't want to be here with her.

"You can leave, if you want. You don't have to stay here. Take Julia Feingold on your quest. She's my third in command, after the Stolls. She's one of our best pickpockets, though, so watch out for your belongings." She spat out, groaning after shifting her body weight. The bandages were incredibly uncomfortable, even Asclepius couldn't heal her, she thought.

"No! I can't—" Jason coughed and wrung his hands. "The quest can't lose you. We need an experienced daughter of Hermes, and that means you, Aella."

Will smiled at her. "You should feel a bit better now, Sonic." Jason blanched. 

"Are you... dating?" 

Andy laughed, clutching her stomach in pain, but brushing it off, and Will grinned, fixing her bandages.

"No, um, my guy? I'm not really uh..." he blushed, "into girls like that. The hedgehog is just my favorite patient, since she comes so often."

Andy punched him and yelped as he adjusted his bandage, and it seemed as though Jason breathed a sigh of relief.

"Awesome... dude. Aella, please try and get better. Don't do your speedy thing anymore, I— we all want you to come on this quest."

Andy grinned, her Hermes side showing. "I'll try, Bolt."

Jason rolled his eyes, making the winged keys in Andy's heart fly faster.

"That was such a stupid nickname!" He walked away, flipping his coin, and dodging the lance every time it came up.