~6~

I sat in a corner on the floor, hugging my knees, as mascara-stained tears ran down my cheeks. She's gone. My best friend is gone. And I'm stuck in a basement with a killer clown...

I heard footsteps enter the room. It was the clown who came back. I didn't look at him. My head was tilted down, and my hair was all over my face.

I felt him sit down on the floor next to me. After a minute he gently took a strand of my hair and tucked it behind my ear, so he could see my face. I shifted further from him, still keeping my head down, as he waited patiently.

"Don't worry, it wasn't Sandra."

What the hell...I couldn't believe my ears. So after all, he does speak. His voice was just how I have imagined it.

Finally, I slightly turned my head. His clothes were clean, there was no blood anymore. But his face... The paint was cleaned off.

I saw his real face for the first time.

Curly dark brown hair, that slightly fell on his eyes, pale skin, and a sharp jawline. His deep green eyes tenderly gazed at me, as he rested his head on his fist. Without the face paint, he was a completely different person.

I sat there, staring at him in astonishment, not knowing what to do.

Without saying anything, Art took a flat box that was next to him and handed it to me.

"Pretty sure you're hungry," he said.

Only then I realized how hungry I was. I took the box, held it for a moment, and opened it. There was a large piece of pizza.

"From the same cafe?" I smiled and asked.

"Yep," he opened another box for himself and took a bite.

I sighed with relief, knowing that Sandra is okay. But who was the person he shot?

We both ate in silence. It wasn't as awkward as before. I still couldn't understand why was he being so nice to me. Is he keeping me alive, so he can kill me later?