Chapter 1, Swapped

"Can't you believe we did that mug?" Cuphead asked, him and Mugman his brother were walking in the forest.

"Yes I did, Jolly cuphead, You caused a lot of trouble!" Mugman exclaimed, "I hope something like that never happens again"

"I won't! I promise" Cuphead Smiled, "Just wondering, do you think the potion wore off?" He asked, Mugman stopped to think.

"I don't know, It's only been a week since we stopped using them"  Mugman said.

"Let me try it out" Cuphead rose his arm and turned to a nearby tree.

"Are you sure? We shouldn't be damaging-"

"Its fine Mug, nothing could possibly go wrong!" Cuphead laughed, just then a blue glowing orb appeared from his fingertip, He released it and it launched itself towards the tree and a hole appeared, then the whole tree fell down.

"oh cuphead" Mugman pouted. "the poor tree!" He said. They both spotted something.

"What's that?" Cuphead asked, He walked towards the forest more.

"Wait cuphead!" Mugman followed after, Cuphead turned to him and grinned running towards the forest as mugman chased after. After a while they saw a portal, It was glitching though.

"See! there was something!" Cuphead said, he came closer to it but mugman held his hand stopping him.

"Cuphead, when something crazy happens like this, there's always a price to pay, I do not want to bet my soul or lose it!" Mugman turned serious.

"But.."

"No buts, lets go" Mugman turned around still holding cupheads hand... or so he thought. Cuphead jumped through the portal. "NO!" He cried, Cuphead disappeared to wherever. "Ughhhh, the thing I do for you" Mugman muttered jumping into the portal as well.

They woke up in a grassy field, They groaned. "Mug, what happened?" Cuphead held his head, He then helped mugman up.

"I told you its a bad idea!" Mugman shouted at him. They looked around to see a house on a hill, A cup house.