So close yet so far!

After bumping into the Enephora's prince, the man walked with a straight face though his hands were clenched into tight fists. "Fuck you, Namjoon! That's my mate Goddammit. Turn around, I have to see him" RM growled but Namjoon exhaled deeply, "What if he isn't our mate? Why didn't he turn around? I'm sure you're mistaken him" Namjoon said calmly.

RM grit his teeth, "He is my omega, how the fuck do you think I will mistake somebody else to be my mate, you human!" He scowled but Namjoon ignored him. He was stunned in his place when he smelled a gush of sweet and calming smell hit him, rising his sleeping wolf, who almost forced out and claim his mate. But Namjoon didn't loose control and stayed adamant.

He looked around in confusion, wondering where was this scent coming from and saw a new figure walking with their head down. Not wanting to loose control, Namjoon quickly hid behind a pillar and held his breath to not get swayed by the intoxicating smell. He heard the footsteps and once he was sure that the person had passed him, he peeked out and found the person at a distance.

Namjoon was confused wondering who is it and then it clicked him. The only person whom he hasn't met, the prince of Enephora. Trying to wrap his mind around the ground breaking truth, RM again tried to come out, "Yah! Our mate is in danger. Let me go save him!" He growled but Namjoon controlled his wolf and quickly walked towards the prince, who still didn't realise his presence.

Namjoon did save the prince but all this time, RM was squimring to get out. What confused Namjoon the most was the reaction from the prince, he didn't try to turn around and moreover, the omegas usually react quickly when they are around their mates and the prince did nothing of that, this raised questions and confusion in Namjoon's head. Was it some kind of misunderstanding, he thought.

Namjoon left the place and went to his study where he usually does his work, in silence. Sitting down in his place, he glanced at the sky and sighed, "It's nearing." He said to himself, talking about the wedding. Shaking his head, he looked at the letters from the neighbouring Kingdoms, congratulating him. Namjoon didn't feel anything and simply put those letters away, not wanting to think about it.

He was doing his work when there was a knock at the door and Namjoon didn't even have to ask who was it. "Come in Taehyung" he said and the said boy did. Tae walked in with a straight posture and Namjoon put his work away, looking at his brother, who had a very serious face. Namjoon mentally frowned seeing the boy stand in front of him with such an unusual face, it was new.

Tae never showed any emotion in front of others but when he is with his friends and family, he is very expressive. "What is the matter Taehyung?" Namjoon asked calmly and the boy looked down at his feet, an act of peace and submission he did before speaking. "I want to talk to you about something important" Tae said in his deep, professional voice and the King nodded, "Take a seat first" he said in the same tone.

Tae gracefully sat down, like a royal omega should, not daring to look at the King. Namjoon was now even more curious to know what was Tae here for. The omega, slowly looked at Namjoon, "Whatever I'm going to ask or say would be like crossing my line" he started and Namjoon looked at him a blank face, observing him carefully, he kept his silence letting the boy speak whatever he had to say.

"Hyung, do you really want this wedding to happen?" Tae asked with a troubled face, looking into Namjoon's eyes. Namjoon looked at his brother with a raised eyebrow, "What is that supposed to mean?" Namjoon asked and Tae looked down, showing that he meant nothing but peace. "Taehyung, I want to know what the matter is, not as a King but as your brother. Tell me what is it you want to say" Namjoon said.

Tae screwed his eyes shut and let out a deep breath, "I don't want this wedding to happen, hyung" he finally blurted out. Namjoon didn't react and simply nodded, "Okay. But can you give me a reason for that?" He calmly asked and Tae gulped, "I don't trust the prince and that kingdom. What if it is all an ambush to take you down? What if they bore ill intentions towards you and Onephilius?" He worriedly said.