Chapter 4

Thank you all for the 100+ reads I didn't think it would get any at all.

I'm talking to myself right now. I don't have many wells I technically don't have any friends and seeing the reads right here makes me comfortable and a little welcome

And again thank you 🤗 let's go

The new season trailer looked so cool I can't wait to see what's in for us! In a little worried tho I mean did you see the look in bell's eyes?

Valt's POV

I was running for a long time now, and my body, especially my legs hurt a lot.

They just keep coming. Like what am I supposed to do? Stop them? No, their size compared to mine is a huge difference.

Those guys are gonna get it when I get out of here.

I stopped for a bit and continued to move slowly. I heard something coming from the left tunnel. I hear slight breathing.

Could it be I'm not the only one? Besides that dude that told me to screw off. I was just helping him.

I ran straight to where the light breathing is. I saw shadows of two figures. Slowly moving to them so I don't startle them.

When I got there I was greeted by something bumping into me.

The figure who bumped into me got pushed back but the other one caught them before they could hit the ground.

I stumbled back but I managed to keep my balance.

I looked up to catch sight of two familiar faces.

I looked at the two, it reminded me of when I was still with them back home...

"Hey Fubuki! Let's battle!" "No" "C'mon just one battle!" "*sigh* alright, but just one and that's it" "ALRIGHT!"

It's been so long... I don't know how to react.

"lo?... hEllo?... HELLO!"

I snapped out of it. I was zoning out for too long. I looked up to catch sight of the two. They both looked at each other as if they were asking if I was trustworthy.

I was about to say something until the ground burst separating me and the two.

The monster's roar echoed violently enough to attract a hoard.

I've seen this trick before, the thing is going after the two of them!

I sprinted as hard as I can and before anyone could react, I grabbed the two and started running for our lives.

Oh Crap, oh crap, oh crap.

I keep turning now and then, and while running there were a lot of corpses laying on the ground.

I saw a faint light at the end of the tunnel and when we finally reached it we saw a giant cave system.

There were a lot of bridge structures.

I stopped and placed them both down. The two were still processing what the heck just went on.

We heard some of the monsters marching in various cave systems.

Then we heard that same roar.

The marching sound stopped for a bit then we felt the ground shaking.

They are coming for us. That SAME monster came from the tunnel we went through.

As it screeched, all three of us started screeching along. You could say it was harmonized.

We started running bridge to bridge. They keep adding up.

I saw a small light coming from across. An exit! We then ran for it.

As we were running I snapped a piece of root sticking out. I pulled out a cloth from a small bag hanging on my belt and wrapped it around the root resembling a torch.

"Hey, can one of you light this?" I asked. They both looked at me in disbelief, as if they were thinking that was a stupid thing to do.

Aiger spoke. "Are yoU insane?! Do you have a death wish?!" Says the one who screams like me... but more high pitch.

"Anything that lights, these monsters are attracted to it. Your gonna turn us into their dinner!" Fubuki didn't want to think about being an incubator.

Quite understandable.

"Trust me. I know why they are attracted to it. So please, light it before we REALLY turn into their meal."

I asked once more. But in a more pleading manner.

Fubuki sighed and then use one of his spells to light it. "Thanks"

As we got closer to the exit, I threw the torch off the bridge, and down it goes.

The reason why they are attracted to it is that they want to put it out.

When I found out about it I grew curious. And the smell in here is almost the same as gasoline, the smell is mild up here cuz it's dense and it's all at the bottom.

We need to get out of here as soon as possible.

The monsters then ditched us for that and we were finally free!

We got out of the exit and saw daylight but we tripped and landed face-first.

We got up and saw the camp slightly far away from here. I looked around and saw Nora (his horse)

'Yes!'

The other one beside her must be their horse. I turned to them.

"What do say we make a run for it?" I whispered. They looked at me again with that 'wtf' face.

"Look, we don't have much time here so let's just go" after a solid one minute, they nodded.

I grabbed both of them and started sprinting. They saw us, they chased us, and they failed. I feel like sonic.

We freed the horses and got on ours and I followed Aiger, cuz he knows this more than I do.

The horses galloped and our heavy breathing is all we can hear. Until the ground shook.

We heard a loud explosion where the campsite was. We didn't look back at the scene we made.

Once we were at a safe distance, I let out a sigh that I was holding in. Feeling relieved, I almost completely forgot about them.

"...Thank you, for saving us back there." Fubuki suddenly said and Aiger took a little glance and then spoke.

"Yes. If you weren't there we would have been dead meat." Aiger didn't take his eyes off the path ahead but he did give a small smile. He was thankful.

"No problem. I help whenever I can." I gave them a reassuring smile.

"Oh! How informal of us, allow us to properly introduce ourselves. I'm Aiger Akabane, a soon-to-be knight." "And I'm Fubuki Sumiye, a Student of wizardry."

"It's nice to meet you, Aiger and Fubuki, sorry to say that I have no name, but many people refer to call me as The Blue Knight."

"?!"

----------

Ok so I know I posted and said that I'll update later today, but the was a day or two ago

So yeah I'm in trouble the struggle is real and this will be the longest chapter I've done.

I'm out