Page 4

Wolf and Knight were on their way back. Wolf carried Leopard with him. And on his back was Knight. She wasn't as sad as he was. But he could understand. She hardly knew her mother. And Locky would be fine with that. But her words couldn't get out of his head. He had to do something. "Knight. Could you please wait near that river with your little brother. II just can't do this. I have to persuade Locky to come with us." "Sure dad. I'll take good care of him." Knight replied.

The wolf flew in the direction Locky had gone. He just couldn't leave her behind. His heart cried out in pity. He's standing in the middle of the path. He didn't have to look any further for her. He found her. "L-Locky?" No Answer. She lay motionless. The wolf came closer. And closer. And closer. There she lay. With closed eyes. And a smile on her face. Her body was cold. she was dead

Suddenly it flashed out of nowhere when he thought that. And it started to shower. A thunderstorm appeared out of nowhere.

"O no! Knight! Leopard!" He left the little ones in an unsafe place. He followed back as fast as he could. Suddenly he heard a scream. It was Knight! His worries grew. "No! Please not! Please not those two too!"

He was where he had left the two. He saw Knight at the edge of the strong current. "Knight! Get away from there!" He screamed. "But Leopard-!" Leopard!? He was nowhere to be seen! "Knight! Where's your brother!?" "He- he slipped from the wet and fell into the river! I tried to save him! But the river is too strong and too fast!"

The wolf was wrapped in despair. He had lost Leopard. A puppy that has just been entrusted to him for a few minutes! And it was already over?! "What should we do?!" asked Knight desperately. "There's nothing we can do. I don't even think I could conquer this current. I'm so sorry." "Does that mean I killed him?" Knight answered out of nowhere. "What?! Knight, don't think about it like that! How should you know that this happens? Fate was quicker again." "Again? And where's the female?" asked Knight.

The wolf hadn't even paid attention to what he was saying. It was too late now. "She gave her last strength to give Leopard to us. She's gone now. Forever." The last word almost couldn't get out of his throat. He had failed. He disappointed them both. "How do we explain this to my sisters?" asked Knight. "We don't. They weren't there. And I don't think they would understand the situation like you do. Tell them when the time comes. About your lost brother."

Back in camp,  Devil and Witch were still asleep. Knight had fallen asleep on the way, after which the wolf had to carry her. He was also very exhausted from the trip. He lay down and fell asleep.