Temptation

S: He's not meeting your needs

Me: Give him some credit, he's doing his best. He works so much and he's really stressed out.

S: You're stressed too. You're lacking the intimacy that every human being needs. You've talked to him and nothing changes.

Me: So what you want me to dump him?

S: No. That's not the answer. I think you need a +1

The woman felt a warm tingling in her thighs as her fingers hovered over the keyboard.

Me: Goodnight, Steven.

******************************

Connie stewed over it for weeks. She so badly wanted to go and see Steven and her sister insisted that the man was reputable and kind to all. She believed her, he seemed respectful in their time spent together as a group, no matter how obviously he marveled at her. They would sing together and he would grow starry eyed as they sipped at their fake margaritas He was funny, and sweet and slightly cocky. With Steven came a sense of strength and rebellion and gentleness she guiltily thought about at night.

"He likes you so much, Con! Come on he's pretty cute. Not my type but you know. Cute." Her sister had said.

Every few days or so Steven's face would cross her mind and her body would erupt with pleasure and intrigue so strong she couldn't ignore it. Nights of getting off to dirty fantasies she knew Jeff wasn't capable of became thoughts of Steven with his somehow strong but soft body dominating her in ways she could only dream of.

The front door opened and Connie snapped to attention. She wanted to be touched and treasured so badly and Jeff was finally home! Thoughts of Steven faded to the background and she lept out of bed. He often came home late, after their child was sound asleep and Connie had spent all of her day inside taking care and nurturing him into what she hoped would be a fine young person. There was responsibility along with the roaring love for their child, but also misery in her loneliness. But her boyfriend was home now, and she could put that to rest.

"Hey sweetheart, how was your day?" He held her tightly to him and she smiled.

"Boring. I missed you."

"I know, baby. But progress never sleeps."

Connie nodded and trailed a finger down his chest. "Jeff... I need you."

A shadow of nervousness and fear crossed the man's face for a moment but he followed her into the bedroom, throwing off parts of his work uniform with every few steps.

Soon they were naked and pressed against each other in a passionate makeout session. He pressed his thigh in-between Connie's legs and she whimpered.

"That needy already?" He joked.

"Always needy." She replied breathlessly. It was true, with adulthood came a constant state of desire to be touched, worshipped and adored. Every waking moment had it, whether it was in the background or front and center.

He lined himself up with her and she melted slightly at the nearly unfamiliar feeling. He wasn't well endowed by any means, but when he put in work it made for quite the lovely evening. But she wasn't looking for her release, she just wanted to be close to him.

Jeff rocked into her and she clung to him, feeling content for the first time in awhile. The skin to skin contact was lovely and the sex was okay and she was grinning with delight. Jeff was kind to her, no matter how borderline neglectful he could be. She loved him, and she loved this closeness they rarely ever confined themselves to anymore.

Dim waved of pleasure ebbed and flowed like the ocean on a shore. It wasn't potent or powerful or mind shatteringly wonderful, but it was their union and their union was tolerable in the finest way.

Jeff pounded into her harder and sighed. The ebony woman looked up at him and tilted her head. No sooner than 30 seconds later did Connie feel him starting to get soft. She gritted her teeth as he groaned and pulled out. "Fuck I'm sorry. I got in my head again. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'll set up a doctor's appointment."

"You always say that. But you never have time." Connie was shocked at her tearful sounding voice. She didn't even know she was crying until the cold air brushed against the streaks now covering her face as bigger, wetter tears flooded down it to warm them.

"I'm terrible. I know." The self deprecation was exhausting and tedious. It was always his excuse that he was terrible, possibly a sociopath who felt things robotically. But even robots could function properly, and it seemed that Jeff could not function at all at times.

"What am I supposed to do, Jeff? I need intimacy with you. We can only cuddle naked so much. I'm not asexual, I have needs and you can't meet them right now to no fault of your own. Go see a doctor. Please."

"I will I promise." He said solemnly.

Connie dug her nails into the palms of her hand and Jeff rolled over and fell asleep in one swift motion.

S: What are you doing tomorrow night?

Her breath caught as soon as she saw who was messaging. She should have known, the man was consistent which was oddly attractive. He truly wanted her.

Her head swiveled to look over at Jeff. For someone who had just expressed an apologetic murmur to her 30 seconds ago, he sure found no trouble in sleeping soundly while she stared at the ceiling feeling sorry for herself and conflicted.

They'd had a child, made a life together, but when she looked deep within herself she was not happy. What could she truly do? She could never fantasize about leaving, not with their child, not with the love weighing heavy on her like a wet blanket. It was a terrible and wonderful weight, and one she felt she could not escape without breaking bones and shattering hearts.

She couldn't go through that again, not like she had with Jacob. A sense of discomfort filled her as their time together forced its way in. They were intrusive, and no longer filled with passion. It was blissful to finally be disconnected, and empty. They had married too early, much too early, before she could see their differences clearly. She had been young, and he had been slightly older, but he did not possess the maturity of a man worth marrying. Even as a married man, he struggled to commit. There were things he hadn't told her about until it was too late, and they'd wedged themselves in between his ability to even tell her he loved her. The first time he had uttered it was during oral, raw and undefined as he filled her mouth. She'd lifted to stare up at him and swallowed, speechless. She knew her eyes had been wild and joyous, but he looked down at her with unadulterated fear. He rarely crossed her mind anymore, the saga of their relationship was no longer interesting and it saddened her almost. Nights of impassioned love making, romantic evenings and obsessive pining were mute to her now. She could not bring up those feelings anymore than Jeff could bring up his dick.

She looked down at the message again, knowing Steven was waiting for a reply by the green dot that had steadily stayed for 20 minutes next to a profile picture. He was cute and handsome with his curly pompadour and scrappy scruff, those soft brown eyes over a soft baby face that was somehow adult and child, and a mischievous smirk that made her toes curl. Her interest in him was wrong, or it felt wrong anyhow.

Taking a deep breath as Jeff snored beside her, she responded.

Yaaayyyyyy surpriseeee~ I've been working on multiple books and this is the one I've decided to publish first. Official cover is coming in the future.