Chapter 16 - The Firsts

"ah haaa Sidhhhaaaarrthhhh" Shehnaaz whined when he changed the song on the stereo.

She fist bumped his bicep and changed the song to one of her favourite Punjabi songs.

"Shehnaazzz" he mumbled but didn't dare to change the song. By now he knew that she loved Punjabi songs more than English music any day.
So he let her be, he'd grown fond of Punjabi pop music too lately, all thanks to the girl who sat next to him comfortably and leaned her head to rest on his shoulder. She was humming the song... He loved her voice, he loved to hear her sing perhaps he loved the song too though he didn't completely understand the lyrics, he loved the songs.

"Tere Naalo Challiye Haseen Koyi Na
Taare Chann Ambar Zameen Koyi Na
Main Jadon Tere Modde Utte Sar Rakheya
Eh Ton Sachchi Sama Vi Haseen Koyi Na"

He kept driving, stealing occasional glances at her who was busy humming the song and enjoying the ride.

"Sidharthhh, tujhe iska matlab pata hai? She asked still lying her head on his shoulder.

"Umm a bit I guess? Pata nai yar itna samajh nahi aata" he scrunched his nose and nodded in dispair showing his disappointment in not knowing her language.

"Koi naa mei samjha dungi" she smiled huge holding his chin.

"Uska matlab hai ki tere jitna khubsurat koi nahi hai, stars moon Chand zameen par bhi koi nahi, jab mein tere kandhe per sar rakhti hu sachi usse khubsurat waqt koi bhi nahi" she explained as if it's the most important thing to her and he heard intently.

Those lines beautifully described the moment they were in. They were literally living the exact moment that was emphasized in the song.

He felt that was so heartwarming, her singing such lines for him.

"Ab samjha?" Shehnaaz asked with a glint in her eyes still caressing his chin.

"Ha meri jaan, it's beautiful" he mumbled kissing her head that leaned on his shoulder.

"Phirse bol?" She asked squinting her eyes.

He looked briefly to her eyes and said "kya? it's beautiful ?"

"Nai usse pehle Jo bola" she insisted.

"Ha bola na meine baby?" He said softly unaware of what she was intending to listen again.

She lifted her head up and glared at him "Sidhaaarrthh" she pouted and he understood. Perhaps he knew what she wanted to hear but he'd also begun to enjoy teasing her.

"Ha meri jaan" he said finally that brought a huge grin on her face a slightest bit of blush too as her cheeks turned pink which didn't go unnoticed by Sidharth though he was busy driving.

"Haye Sidharth mein teri jaan hu?" She asked directly, no hesitation nothing. Just pure excitement, happiness & a bit of shyness in her eyes.

He took a right turn inside a huge gate and pulled over the car near the entrance. She kept looking at him, he unbuckled his seat belt and turned to her. He cautiously primped her hair right that were messed up as she leaned on his shoulder.

His hand caressed over her hair neatly and he mumbled "Haa, Jaan hai tu meri"

Sidharth saying that to her felt like a high voltage current passed through Shehnaaz's spine. She felt butterflies in her stomach for the nth time in the last few days with him. The huge grin on her face had turned to a soft coy smile. She didn't say anything, he understood her plight.

"Chal, hum pohaunch gaye" he said and signalled her to get down.

They stepped out and Sidharth instructed the valet to park his car. Shehnaaz noticed he'd brought her to what seemed like a fine dining restaurant. Was this a date? She thought.