Flice of the Living Dead

I was completely entranced by the movie we were watching, a man slowly creeped out of the shadows, moving towards his prey, as I stuffed popcorn into my mouth. Drea's hand bumped mine as she grabbed a scoop of popcorn before shoveling it into her mouth. We sat pretty close.

Ya know, some people are thrill seekers. Some people are always game, even if their face says otherwise. Then, there's Eli.

I felt Drea jump next to me as Eli screamed. "You're not gonna get me, burger man!"

"Eli!" Drea groaned, looking over at him as he continued to scream before running towards my door, and running out of it. I shook my head, throwing another piece of popcorn in my mouth as I continued to watch the movie. The said Burger Man lifted his spatula to strike his next victim, smacking him in the face. I grinned over at the TV.

My friends always say that one day, something's gonna come along and scare me. And I'm like, 'If you only knew-.' I glance over at Drea with a dazed expression. No, no. I'm like, "Yeah, right, talk is cheap. Bring it."

...

You stood in the hallways with Eli, Fish, and Kirby, crowded around Fish as he played a trailer, "Do you want to lose control of your bowels? Because there's only one film festival that will...Ruin your life!"

"Yes." Kirby nodded.

"Forrest Hill's 9th annual 'fright fest', the only place you can see 'My Skull Ate My Head' and Son of Cheeseburger IV: Side Order Of Death'!!! So be there, one night only, and we guarantee you're gonna regret this...You baby!"

"Oh my god." You squealed, excitedly.

"Incredible," Kirby mumbled.

"Yeah!" Fish agreed with a nod.

"I don't wanna nitpick, but your skull eating your own head? That's physically impossible." Eli declared, sass in his tone as you and Fish looked over at him.

"I am so psyched!" Fish cheered. "We are finally old enough to go to 'fright fest'."

"Guys, I need this." Kirby started, looking frantically at his friends. "Nothing scares me anymore. Son Of Cheeseburger: Double Cheese, Triple Murder...used to scare the heck out of me, but last night? Nothin."

"Eli's scream scared me." You grumbled, glaring over at him as he shrugged, then you started sniffing the air, after catching a whiff of something horrible. "What's that smell?" You cringed.

"I have egg salad in my pants," Eli informed.

"Excuse me?" Fish gawked, as Eli pulled baggies of egg salad from his khakis.

"My scaredy sandwiches?" Eli reiterated, and the three of you continued to stare at him in disbelief. "Comfort food for the 'fright fest'. They make me feel safe."

"Safe from girls sitting next to you." Kirby jokes, as you moved away from Eli, standing between Kirby and Fish.

"Or standing." You added.

"Come on, let's watch it again," Kirby suggested, as you crowded Fish on both sides, to rewatch the video.

"Let's do this." Fish agreed.

"Yes." You grinned.

"Ahem!" A voice spoke, "Watching movies in school, Mr. Fisher? That's against regulation." Principal Mitchell warned. "Sup Eli?"

"Hey, Principal Mitchell." Eli greeted, reaching forward to fist-bump him. You shook your head at the interaction.

"Please don't take away my phone." Fish pleaded.