Kirby Almighty

warning: talks of periods, puberty, mentions of sex (very middle school puberty moment)

A pen can be super-powerful! It can write words, it can draw art, or if you know what you're doing, you can totally pulverize your friends.

I loaded up another spitball into my pen before aiming toward Eli and Fish. The moment I spat, I felt Drea nudge my arm. She was not down to throw spitballs across the room, saying something about it being a bad idea, that we might hit someone that is not our dearly beloved friend, who would just laugh it off.

To my luck, Drea was right. It can turn someone into the deadliest enemy ever.

The said spitball, that I loaded up specifically for Eli and Fish, didn't hit Eli nor Fish. It went through the air before hitting Pearly Todd, Hitchcock.

Who, then, turned around and started to actually growl at me, as I began to reload my pen with the spring and ink, screwing on the cap.

The enemy I made today was the scariest kid in school.

"I told you so," Drea mumbled, continuing to write her notes, as I nervously chuckled as Pearly Todd came up to me, flashing his large shiny white teeth at me, he had the biggest smile at the school. Problem is, he only shows it when he's about to beat you to a pulp. Pearly Todd reached for the pen and broke it straight in half. The ink spraying everywhere, Drea flinched, moving back from the splatter as Pearly Todd moved forward, swiping ink across my forward.

"You're a marked man, Buckets." Pearly Todd taunted, giving him a deadly smile before sauntering over to his seat again.

...

"Why would you hit Pearly-Todd? Are you trying to experience pain?" Fish probed, as we stood in the hallway, but you weren't exactly tuned in to the conversation.

In the last couple of days, you've been experiencing changes. You've grown a few inches, and as you hide your chest behind your arms, there is now a swell there, that wasn't there before. You started your period only a couple of months ago. You were sure, what came with the end of middle school, was surely puberty.

The whole reason why you never fit in with any of the other girls was that you hadn't gotten your period until the 8th grade, your boobs had been non-existent until a couple of weeks ago, and they just kept growing.

You understood the dilemma afoot with the boys, Kirby had done something completely stupid. But you could throw away wanting to be his girlfriend if you were a foot taller than him. He might even start drawing you as a giant or something, knowing him.

"What do you think, Drea?" Kirby asked as you looked back up at them.

"That's a great plan." You assured, before looking away again.

"I wanted you to say otherwise, but-." Kirby sighed, looking back at Fish and Eli.

"This is Pearly Todd, you don't want the sauce." Fish added, giving us a wry smile. "That's my new catchphrase."

"I like it. It's catchy and phrasey." Eli commented as Fish looked over at you. You had a blank expression on your face before forcing a smile.

"Yeah, it's great." You murmured, the boys frowning.

"And true, by the way. I don't want the sauce." Kirby whined. "And on top of everything else. I have nothing to draw with."

"I gotta go." You spoke quickly, as you saw Belinda walking in the hall with Dawn. You quickly caught up to them. The boys were completely distracted as they looked up at the ceiling. "I need your help." You spoke, your eyes, frantic.