Drea's Choice

You sat atop Kirby's bed, staring at him as he flipped through different phones. On the other hand, you were flipping through them after he set them down and dialed them. But as we dialed the number, a busy tone filled the room before hanging up the next.

The two of you were trying to get Kirby a ticket to Zantron. Your father had gotten you two tickets for the convention, and you've been struggling with who to take. You want Kirby to come, but with Fish and Eli found out about it, it went like this.

"I just don't know who to take." You announced, looking back at your three friends. "Kirby wants to go because he wants to play every single game there, Eli wants to visit the booth for Other Life, and Fish wants to pitch his new video game idea to Larry Zantron." You spoke out loud before Kirby stood up, looking down at this phone before flipping it towards you.

"Or we could win two more tickets!" Kirby suggested as your eyes widened.

"Drea, a second." Eli started, pulling you to the side. "What are you doing?"

"What are you talking about?" You asked, confusion in your eyes.

"What if you just took Kirby? You could ask him out on a date." Eli suggested as your cheeks flushed bright red.

"What!" You shrieked.

That's what led you to right now. Kirby's eyes widened as he grabbed the phone that didn't go straight to the busy tone. "I got through!" Kirby announced with a wide smile. "This is Kirby Buckets."

"Well, Kirby, you've just won tickets to Zantron's Z3 Video Game Convention." The Dj spoke to Kirby as he looked up at the poster over his bed, a blinding grin covering his face. You remember the excitement that crossed his face when you mentioned the tickets. "Do you know what this convention is? There are more games than you can possibly imagine. I always dreamt that one day, I'd get to play all of them with my three best friends!"

"I only have two tickets." You murmured, and his face dropped.

That's when you made a choice, and he didn't want to go play these games with you. He wanted to go with Eli and Fish too. Maybe you should've suggested that it could've been a date, but you were too nervous about doing so.

So that's how all four of you wound up going to Z3, and you kind of regretted your decision as you looked over at Kirby's bright smile and eager eyes, but would he have been that excited if it had only been the two of you?

...

I walked into the convention, looking around the large arcade with amazement. I looked over at Drea, who had a hand to her chest, her fingers skimming against the lanyard that lay there. I smiled over at her, and she looked up at me with a shy smile. I don't know what has been going on with Drea since yesterday. She's been weird. It always seemed like something was running through her head, that she wasn't completely there. I take a deep breath, glancing over at Eli and Fish. I wanted to reach out and hold her hand, but I was nervous about Eli and Fish saying something to make her uncomfortable. But when I caught her eyes looking down at my hand, I took the leap of faith and reached for her hand before intertwining our fingers and leaning into her. "There are 123 games here," I revealed as she beamed over at me, a small giggle falling from her lips.

"It's like a beautiful rainbow, but better 'cause it's not a stupid rainbow. It's video games." Fish spoke as Drea gave him a weird look as she looked over at him.

"What's wrong with rainbows?" Drea retorted, glaring over at Fish. As Eli stepped over to step next to Eli, inhaling as he looked around.

"Smells like corn dogs and pizza grease," Eli commented.