"Be Strong"

I literally have no idea what to say. this is Keefe's POV I guess, and takes place right before he saw me. When Sophie was fussing over him?

"Keefe, let me just"-

"Foster, how many times do I have to tell you that I'm fine!" He said, jerking his arm back, which unfortunately made him flinch.

"Riiiight, because that flinch didn't tell otherwise." Sophie rolled her eyes, touching Keefe's wounded arm again, making a bunch of tiny lighting bolts shoot up his arm by her touch.

Sophie narrowed he eyes at the bandaged wound for so long that Keefe thought she was going to burn a hole in his arm. He took that time look around him. He didn't really see anything worth pointing out, he only saw buildings all around him and tall towers ahead of him, the glass reflecting the sun.

Suddenly he felt Sophie squeezing his arm a little to tightly for his comfort. He looked down at her to see she was massaging her temples.

"Hey Foster, you okay?" He couldn't help but have concern in his voice for her.

"Yeah, I'm fine, The human thoughts are just overwhelming. Im trying to put up a mental wall." She closed her eyes, Keefe feeling her overwhelmed emotions all to well.

She opened her eyes after a moment. "There," she said, relief in her tone.

Keefe suddenly felt her hand in his, her thumb going up and down the back of his palm. He internally fisted bumped the air. He needed to tell himself to not blush. Which was hard. (I kinda like writing Keefe fangirling all over the place)

He shook himself out of it when he heard Sophie talking. "What?" He said like the idiot he was. Great job Hunkyhair, your doing great not pining over the girl you love. He heard a chuckle behind him and turned around to see Dex trying not to laugh.

"Did you seriously not hear me, Keefe." Sophie rolled her eyes, opening her mouth to repeat what she was saying when she clamped it shut.

"Foster.....?" He looked to where she was staring at a group of kids wearing bright orange shirts, an oddly familiar girl with brown hair and blue eyes crouching down to see a dark spot on the road.

When they got closer, he saw that the dark spot looked oddly like blood. He shivered, Wondering who's it was. (You'll probably want to remember this part, since the blood is important)

"Hi.....?" he heard Sophie say, but all he was looking at was the girl, who looked as white as he felt. He couldn't believe it, wouldn't believe it. But it didn't stop him from whispering "Karissa?"

He couldn't breathe, couldn't see. Couldn't do anything as a bunch of memories broke free from a box taped shut deep in his head.

Sister......the word bounced in his head, and he suddenly was in a memory he didn't know he would see in a very long time.

.........Beginning of Keefe's memory........

" Rissa! Give that back!" A six year old Keefe yelled at his five year old sister as they ran thorough the halls of Candleshade as he tried to get his color pencils back

"Not until you apologize for calling me Rissa!" She yelled back, giggling as she ran.

Keefe suddenly heard a scream, and his brotherly instincts kicked in as he ran faster towards the sound.

He ran around a corner and saw his sister on the ground—his color pencils by her side—holding her foot and tears falling down her cheeks.